Under lockdown at work......

I did some wild camping in North Carolina many years ago with an American friend. She told me that two women had recently been killed in their tent by a bear, and that the authorities thought it was likely because one of them was on her period and the bear had smelt the blood.
And you immediately asked her if it was her time of the month?

I did some wild camping in North Carolina many years ago with an American friend. She told me that two women had recently been killed in their tent by a bear, and that the authorities thought it was likely because one of them was on her period and the bear had smelt the blood.

That's stunning! Wouldn't you do the complete research before committing to camping in bear territory??

Maybe it was just bad luck?

That's stunning! Wouldn't you do the complete research before committing to camping in bear territory??

Maybe it was just bad luck?
I must admit when we first arrived at the start of the trail I noticed there were rope hoists hung from trees, I asked my friend what they were for, and she said you tie your bags containing food to them and hoist them high into the trees, and you camp well away from the food. I never did see or hear any bears, but a snake came into the river we were swimming in, we got out of the water as quick as we could.

I must admit when we first arrived at the start of the trail I noticed there were rope hoists hung from trees, I asked my friend what they were for, and she said you tie your bags containing food to them and hoist them high into the trees, and you camp well away from the food. I never did see or hear any bears, but a snake came into the river we were swimming in, we got out of the water as quick as we could.

Honestly, I can't get my head around those women if this is known!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.