Under the cosh

Last 10 minutes at home v Liverpool this season. I thought they were going to score with every attack.

Without watching it again I'm not sure how true that is though. Maybe just how it felt at the time.

Chelsea in the Cup Final was most recent.... they looked the most likely to score for a lot of the 2nd Half Normal Time

Liverpool at Anfield in that mad spell in the league game there last season is a good shout. There have been spells in other games of course but nothing approaching that for me. The season before in the 2 games against Monaco we were under a lot of pressure at various points of the game, plus last season in the 2 games v Napoli as well.

I’d say apart from the last ten minutes away at Watford when they really gave us a good seeing to after we coasted for about 83 minutes. Barça away October 2016, 4-0 defeat, was the last time we really took a good beating where we were facing a team who were playing better than us throughout the game. 57% possession and 12 shots for Barça to our 8.

There was the Everton away January 2017, 4-0 defeat. But we had 72% possession and 13 shots to their 6. And the Leicester away defeat December 2016, 4-2 defeat. But we had 79% possession and 19 shots to their 11.

Good hidings in the scorelines but we weren’t under the cosh, they just took their chances and we didn’t.
Yes, I agree with you. It's not always about the score and the last time we were truly dominated for the whole game was Barca.

Chelsea in the Cup Final was most recent.... they looked the most likely to score for a lot of the 2nd Half Normal Time
I didn't see it like that, they had spells but so did we. Chelsea fans would be saying the same thing on our attacks and it wasn't like Ederson was given too much to do if I remember right. They had a shot that thankfully went over the bar but we had that shot that was scrambled off the line involving Silva and Sterling(didn't it come off the post as well?). I was expecting them to give us a game after the mauling we gave them in the league and I did think we were starting to look tired in that second half which was understandable(it's a different story when your players are conserving energy), in extra time both teams were looking spent.

I suppose the meaning of the term has changed for City fans in recent years, it used to mean we got lucky to come away with anything or not lose more heavily. I remember the BVB game in that way.

In most of the games mentioned here, if you check the stats, we gave as good as we got or in some cases way more than we got and at one time, we'd have considered that unlucky, to have created so much more than them and not capitalise on it.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.