Underdogs for the title going by the media.

It's always better to be underdogs.

It is just typical short sightedness from the media.

On BBC Sport the main consensus is Chelsea to win the league followed by Arsenal. Several seem to think we'll finish 4th.

Last season we had some poor results but we finished second none the less. We went on a winning run at the end of the season and overhauled Arsenal.

The generic and uneducated view is that City have an ageing squad, they've only strengthened with Sterling, who was overpriced and Yaya Toure isn't the player he was. The truth is that we've got two young centre backs in the squad, with experience there as well. We've added more youth and energy in Delph. More pace and quality with Sterling and there's still the possibility that De Bruyne and Pogba will arrive. Added to that, Yaya Toure is still one of the best midfielders in the game at running the midfield. If we change our shape to allow him to influence the game without needing him to put in so much leg work then we're a better side already. The addition of Sterling is enough for us to create and score more goals and we'll have the balance to improve defensively.

If we add De Bruyne and Pogba our first team squad could contain the likes of Hart, Aguero, Bony, Nacho, Sterling, De Bruyne, Pogba, Delph, Mangala, Denayer, Lopes (possibly) who all have several seasons to a decade in top flight football in their legs. We're not too bad. We're building for the future ahead of schedule, something the rags and chavs have failed to do.

Danny Murphy said yesterday that we're Chelsea's biggest threat.

We won it first time around, and it was down to the Rags throwing away an 8 point lead with 6 games to go.
We then came second to the Rags, and that was proof that we shouldn't have won it the previous year.
We won it again, but only because Liverpool blew it, and Morinho deliberately underachieved so he'd get his own way in the transfer market.
We came second to Chelsea, proving that we were definitely lucky the previous year, and vindication that Morinho could have won it if he wanted.

Why the fuck is anyone surprised that these cunts now under rate us?

I think in some cases some of them dream of the old top 4 teams again. Those days are long gone. Look at our rivals some have added quality some the jury is out. I think Arsenal have the keeper they need. Still a striker and defender short of a championship winning team. Chelsea havnt added any major players yet I think they need a good signing to add to there squad they have stood still in this window for me. Rags havnt sorted out there defence the midfield might be stronger if they can keep BS fit but I think he will miss more games than he will play. Forward its all on Rooney to get the goals. Liverpool have added a lot of players yet there weak link is the keeper and defence and with the amount of forwards they have they will find it hard to get the right blend. I think we have added good so far and strenghten our weak areas apart from full back area we will be competing as usual this season for the title.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.