Understudy Right Back - Could we really rely on Maicon!

CatMan

If, as seems strongly rumoured, Micah Richards is sold and Kolo's contract expires, we will be left with Zabba (hard as nails) and the permanently broken Maicon to cover all eventualities at Right Back for next season!

Surely we cannot let the season start with such a gamble.

But who could we get as a back up to Zabba and would they be better than Richards or even makeshift Koko?

And if we do buy, just what are we paying Maicon for anyway?

On the whole, Right Back won't be on most fans list as a problem area, however I fear it's a problem waiting to become a nightmare if, God forbid, Zabba got a bad injury!

Bluearmy said:
BlueAnorak said:

Milner.... But for me, we'd be silly to sell Micah...

If we were offered 15mil for Micah, I would sell. I think you could get a new CB and an understudy RB with that and some top up money. Micah collects injury spells like a geek collects pokemon cards; better to get the money and reinvest it in players who will be available more than there not.

Micah being sold is paper talk surely? I cant see him going especially with the way Mancini has liked to rotate the full backs. I would be absolutely gutted if Micah were to leave the club.

Don't understand the animosity directed at Maicon, he has been a bit of a crock but has had some impressive games for us and two years or so ago he was arguably the best right back in the world admitedly he isn't that now but could still do a decent job for us.

Rocket-footed kolarov said:
Bluearmy said:
BlueAnorak said:

Milner.... But for me, we'd be silly to sell Micah...

If we were offered 15mil for Micah, I would sell. I think you could get a new CB and an understudy RB with that and some top up money. Micah collects injury spells like a geek collects pokemon cards; better to get the money and reinvest it in players who will be available more than there not.

Oldham would be delighted but as we still only get 80% of any fee it makes a sale less likely.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.