Union Membership

Blue Til Death

My missus works in the IT Industry and whilst chewing the fat over an Indian tonight, she tells me she has been told in no uncertain terms by her senior managers that she cannot join a union. Is this right?? Seems a bit suspect to me but being a right wing nut job I have no knowledge of such things. I know that some on here will be a font of knowledge about this so would appreciate your comments, derogatory or otherwise.

Blue Til Death said:
My missus works in the IT Industry and whilst chewing the fat over an Indian tonight, she tells me she has been told in no uncertain terms by her senior managers that she cannot join a union. Is this right?? Seems a bit suspect to me but being a right wing nut job I have no knowledge of such things. I know that some on here will be a font of knowledge about this so would appreciate your comments, derogatory or otherwise.

I've no idea to be honest but that does sound dodgy as fuck.

"Everyone has the right to form and join trade unions for the protection of his/her interests."

United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 23.4.

------

Name and shame the fuckers she works for.

Challenger1978 said:
Blue Til Death said:

I've no idea to be honest but that does sound dodgy as fuck.

Her company bought out some other firms and they had to keep them on the same terms and conditions, lots were union members.. Just does not seem right at all to me??

My question is did the Indian not object ?

I am sure it is racist to chew the fat over anybody of an ethnic persuasion.

Take that info to Citizens Advice, that's fucking scandalous. In addition, tell her to contact a union and explain it to them.

In return for this advice I would appreciate one pic of your missus.

tidyman said:
"Everyone has the right to form and join trade unions for the protection of his/her interests."

United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Article 23.4.

------

Name and shame the fuckers she works for.

Steria, they are French company, quite a large one, all the employees of the firms they bought out have great terms and conditions and retain union membership but she says the original Steria employees cannot join, from what she tells me they are shit bags, she has been there 20 odd years too!

Blue Til Death said:
It's absolute bollocks, completely illegal.

I think you probably know the answer already. If an employer said this to me I'd run to the nearest union and join, as the company are fucking idiots and would flaunt regulations.

Get your missus to join a union.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.