Unions

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by idahoblues, 30 Jun 2020.

1. idahoblues

idahoblues

Interfering busy bodies, slow production down, work shy coonts

2. peace frog

peace frog

Team supported:
    Manchester City Football Club
    i prefer the white ones,but ill eat the red ones as well, spring ones are nice, but fried ones on a hot dog are my favourite

Pearceman, mccity, EnzoMCFC and 2 others like this.
  3. I like the one in Berlin

ADVERTISEMENT

4. Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese

Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese

Team supported:
    FC Zurich (and city of course)
    Useless mostly, essentially exist to give workers a hugely inflated wage combined with the student lifestyle. Train ones are the worst - they'd cheerfully have more staff than passengers on the rail network.

5. sir baconface

sir baconface

They suit workers with a herd mentality and/or people working in monopolies.

Last edited: 30 Jun 2020
  6. idahoblues

idahoblues

The worst of the lot

7. Tim of the Oak

Tim of the Oak

The only time I had to call on Unison they were pretty shoddy e.g. their database was down for weeks that hindered me contacting my local rep, That said, I did some helpful joint working with the unions in my NHS days.

8. Lazy too. Always getting out of doing actual work sitting in ‘meetings’ and ‘helping’ staff in disciplinaries where their presence is just basically to take notes and put in a token argument every so often.

MCFCTrick likes this.
  9. Barcon

Barcon

Perfect for construction sites if the goal is to get nothing done.

10. hampshireblue

hampshireblue

It depends. I was in a high pressure career with nearly a 100% membership and was on our version of the cabinet. There was a mutual respect on both sides and that led to not one day of industrial action in the 37 years I was employed there. Disagreements-loads, but ultimately we worked together to reach a mutually acceptable position. The high level of membership was always crucial as management knew they couldn't drive a wedge in and get away with it. Principles are key but so is pragmatism and reality. Also being totally honest with the members when telling them what's possible and what's not