Unique Testimonial Shirts for City Players?

Ghandi's Flip Flops

With the likelihood that a few current City players would be eligible for a testimonials soon, and how the importance of testimonials seems to be on the wane with most players donating proceeds to charity etc, i wonder if City would be prepared to consider something slightly different.

I've always liked the idea that was done in Rugby League by the Leeds Rhinos, where the likes of Kevin Sinfield & Jamie Peacock had unique shirts (i.e. not the current kit) produced for their testimonials, that the fans could buy to show their appreciation, with any profits from the shirt sales going towards the testimonial fund (or charity).

If it done with some decent thought behind it, they could incorporate or copy one of the much loved iconic shirt designs from the past, with the players name & number on the back, and add things like the years played/covered to receive the testimonial, and maybe even include any charity motif/emblem that would benefit etc.

Just wondered what other people's thoughts were? Good or bad idea, or just something to fleece more money off the fans?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.