United 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Videos like the Lingard one, provoke mixed emotions and shows the contradictions within society after attacks on Monday night:

If Lingard wants to sing City songs, that's up to him. He can sing them to his kids, for all I care. After all, the Mayor of Manchester did say 'carry on as normal' - Lingard carries on as normal and people are up in arms

The issue is the 'City United' stuff. You can't have it both ways. You can't say you are 'doing it for Manchester' then get carried away and sing anti-City songs

bang on the money, its the rank hypocrisy that gets me, dont pretend you are something your not, i'd have more respect

The only thing I would say about that Lingard video is that the lot of them seem to be totally unaffected by the events at the Manchester arena. They've been told to carry on as normal and that's exactly what they've done, as if it never happened. I trust the BBC will have a sticky post on this as they have with the Denayer incident because this is much worse. Football doesn't matter at all at times like this but this isn't about football, it's about an arrogant arse, his mates and a sycophantic media who can't help but put their own spin on everything.

It already has! BBC Sport running quote after quote after article after article about how they did it for Manchester etc etc. Not a single piece on this though

...because the BBC Football department is nothing more than an extension of Utd PR.

Good evening gents, United supporter here coming in peace.

I registered today because I for one couldn't let this go.
I am thoroughly ashamed of the classless way the United players behaved during their celebrations.
Banter is all well and good but that was unnecessary and repulsive. I'm not going to try to excuse it in any way because there simply is no excuse.

City made a wonderful gesture of unity with their tweet and had it thrown back in their faces by a show of complete ignorance led by the embarrassment that is Lingard.

Anyway, I sincerely hope you take my post in the spirit which it is intended. If not, I understand that too.
I just didn't want you to think that all United supporters condoned this sort of behaviour.

I am thoroughly ashamed of the classless way the United players behaved during their celebrations.
Banter is all well and good but that was unnecessary and repulsive. I'm not going to try to excuse it in any way because there simply is no excuse.

City made a wonderful gesture of unity with their tweet and had it thrown back in their faces by a show of complete ignorance led by the embarrassment that is Lingard.

Anyway, I sincerely hope you take my post in the spirit which it is intended. If not, I understand that too.
I just didn't want you to think that all United supporters condoned this sort of behaviour.

Fair play to you for signing up to say that fella.

Spot on that I think you have summed up what most City fans think of the incident

Thank you.

And that's all it takes, a bit of good grace on both sides. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.