United 2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good evening gents, United supporter here coming in peace.

I registered today because I for one couldn't let this go.
I am thoroughly ashamed of the classless way the United players behaved during their celebrations.
Banter is all well and good but that was unnecessary and repulsive. I'm not going to try to excuse it in any way because there simply is no excuse.

City made a wonderful gesture of unity with their tweet and had it thrown back in their faces by a show of complete ignorance led by the embarrassment that is Lingard.

Anyway, I sincerely hope you take my post in the spirit which it is intended. If not, I understand that too.
I just didn't want you to think that all United supporters condoned this sort of behaviour.
Thank you for your honesty and decency and I am sure we would feel the same if the boot was ever on the other foot. There is a time and place for everything but incited behaviour has no place at this time in particular.

It was the whole team singing it not just Lingard ...we should be grateful he's as thick as a plank and posted it in the public domain.

It was the whole team singing it not just Lingard
Easily overlooked because he posted it.

I am thoroughly ashamed of the classless way the United players behaved during their celebrations.
Banter is all well and good but that was unnecessary and repulsive. I'm not going to try to excuse it in any way because there simply is no excuse.

City made a wonderful gesture of unity with their tweet and had it thrown back in their faces by a show of complete ignorance led by the embarrassment that is Lingard.

Anyway, I sincerely hope you take my post in the spirit which it is intended. If not, I understand that too.
I just didn't want you to think that all United supporters condoned this sort of behaviour.
Thanks.

Fair play mate. And to be fair, other United fans feel it was inappropriate too.

It's a difficult balancing act at a time like this. My own opinion is that I don't have any issue with United's fans singing it last night or any other time, and I wouldn't have been arsed about United's players singing it at any other time either but for Lingard (and his team-mates) to do it last night was bad timing. The clubs and their employees should be maintaining an air of dignity and professionalism, especially in times like this, and by and large that's what has happened from both clubs.

That dignity and professionalism is something some of our own fans should accept as well. Plenty of them saw their arse about City's tweet last night but they need to differentiate between club and fans. The people that run City's Twitter account have a record of posting classy tweets - IIRC they congratulated United on regaining the title from us back in 2013 and while it's not something I would expect or want to see our fans do (or United fans for that matter if it was City regaining the title from yourselves), I don't have an issue with the club doing it. Compare and contrast that with the tweets that come out of other official club accounts, even clubs that are generally held in high regard by neutral fans. I'm thinking specifically of Borussia Dortmund and the bitterness in their tweets when announcing that Gundogan and Mkhitaryan had signed for City and United respectively.

Have utd issued a statement regarding their players disgraceful behaviour ?
Probably just given him another bonus for "Brand exposure". Social media of players is another tool It wouldn't surprise me if the ministry of truth controlled what content their players upload.

Thank you for your courteous replies. To be honest, I thought I was going to cop it and was ready to accept that. Any anger from your side is perfectly justified.

As I said, I am a United supporter but am under no illusions about my club. When we do things well we do them very well but when when we do things badly... well, put it this way, I understand why ABUs exist! ;)

So now, on behalf on United, I would like to offer you (City) a gift. Jesse Lingard. You can pick him up from Carrington whenever you like and do what you like with him. No, no... I insist! In fact, we'll throw in the Scouse mercenary Rooney too.

And Phil Jones.

Griezmann "I'll see you (atletico fans) in preseason"

I wonder if the BBC will write a front page article about this interview like they did with his last? I guess not.

Thank you for your courteous replies. To be honest, I thought I was going to cop it and was ready to accept that. Any anger from your side is perfectly justified.

As I said, I am a United supporter but am under no illusions about my club. When we do things well we do them very well but when when we do things badly... well, put it this way, I understand why ABUs exist! ;)

So now, on behalf on United, I would like to offer you (City) a gift. Jesse Lingard. You can pick him up from Carrington whenever you like and do what you like with him. No, no... I insist! In fact, we'll throw in the Scouse mercenary Rooney too.

And Phil Jones.

Good post - Lingard is not liked by many United fans - classless individual and not a great player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.