United (A) - League Cup SF Post-Match Thread

Sky still making excuses about their squad along with Ole …. "weve got what weve got" "young team".....ffs they've spent nearly 1billion since they last won the league

DeGea - 29
Jones - 27
Lingard - 27
Lindelof - 25
Fred - 26
James, Bissaka, Rashford all 22 and all experienced international players
Then their two kids
Subs
Matic - 31
Martial - 24

Bravo - 36 and at the end of his City life
Mendy - 25
Walker - 29
Fern - 34
Ota - 31 and at the end of his City life
Rodders -23
Gundogan -29
KDB - 28
Bernie -25
Mahrez - 28
Sterling - 25
subs
Jesus -22
Foden - 19

If anything, united should be being questioned for not troubling those old centre halves and dodgy keeper

Check the replay from behind the goal, he was covering too much of his near post. Everything else you say is correct.
Thing is, when the ball was slipped through to him he was where most keepers would be. He had to second guess in that scenario. Of course it looks bad when they score but I doubt many keepers would have done anything different.

I honestly believe JUST ONE MORE GOAL would have put this tie to bed.

I understand what you’re saying, and it felt like Pep was testing his Real Madrid (A) tactics for most of the game, but to not kill off the tie at their place, with them on the ropes and very vulnerable is disappointing.

That “2nd half” in a few weeks shouldn’t even be a thought, but the first goal in the game MAY decide the tie! Slightly hyperbolic, but the Etihad is brilliant at getting nervous, esp in big games!

The tie should be over. It definitely isn’t, and to not be entirely disappointed by that would mean you hadn’t seen the game.

All of that's fair, Captain. I understand you too. Honestly I'm more annoyed we gave up their goal with a sloppy pass than that we didn't chase it. The tie would be just as close to over at 0-3 as 1-4.

Still, nervous Etihad aside, we're better than they are, and they have to chase next match. And -- (he says praying and off the jinx record) we should have Laporte back.

1f499.png
“We’re the pride of Manchester!” [via @OfficialPDickov]
Dicko knows the score!

Not enough piss taking going on in the rag thread for my liking, sort it out.
Another example of Pep’s influence on English football...

We’re too concerned with crafting a master plan to hammer the rags in the return leg to enjoy this win. ;-)

Reactions: SVP

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.