United (a) post-match thread

He is trying hard to be,he is the worst manager for understanding how much shit blues have taken from living in the same city(sort of) and being battered by them on the pitch for ever,it doesn't matter if we are light yrs away from them now,it's fucking derby day

If he stopped saying how much more history they have than us and blowing smoke up their arses for 5 mins he might just get it

Arrrggghhh

I find it frustrating, although the rag reaction amusing. When we were shit they always said playing them was our cup final, when they lost they said it didn't matter as they'd still finish above us and we'd win F All, well the boot is well and truly on the other foot. First time since 2010 or so they've done the double over us? Didn't we do the double over them in 07/08 under Sven for the first time in my living memory - am sure that was forgotten at the end of the season, we just need to finish the same way.

Are we changing tack?

When was that even a point mentioned earlier in the discussion?

I am sure it was "does Pep get the derby, he gets the Barca Real one" and I answered that honestly, more honestly than your reply that is for sure.

So I'll wait while you go and find my quote that says Pep is failing us, I fear you may be a while but yes some of his decision making has been wrong, you would have to be pretty dumb to think he is infallible.

Dropping Fernie from the 1st leg of the quarter-finals in the champs league v Spurs is one, do you not agree?

Goodness, you’re going back a bit now. So it’s not just this season that’s bothering you.

Agree nobody is infallible but it’s always easy to judge in hindsight ie if we lose.

I think he’s doing a great job & some of the surprising team selections have been successful but remain unquestioned because we won.

Given our past, I find it amazing to have someone who is in many circles, considered to be one of the best managers in the world, as our manager.

I don’t expect any human being to be 100% correct especially when he has no jurisdiction on injuries; VAR; biased media & a corrupt system which he (& we) continually have to fight.

I’ve no issue with you mate but sometimes I feel the need to defend players & manager when I read some of the comments on this forum by our so called fans (not having another go at you personally when I say that)

no its not
but i demand 100% and no quarter given v them in any game
what i saw yesterday was an utter disgrace ,nobody came out of that game with a modicum of effort or credibilty

Then I wasn't addressing you.

What I will say to you is that the idea that the players didn't put in a modicum of effort is plain nonsense. They put in plenty of effort; could they have put in a bit more? Maybe but it wasn't lack of effort that prevented them winning: it was not achieving a sufficiently high level of performance in terms of quality.

Yes, he understands that Derby fine being a Catalonian.

The fact he once gifted them a carling cup match by playing youth players and helping them recover some sort of form afterwards, also hints at not kicking the ****s when they are down attitude, whereas us as fans would have had them fucking buried.

The 2nd leg this season was a stage-managed 1-0 defeat, he did enough to get us through, the fact that we took our foot off the gas at 3-0 in the 1st leg when we should have buried them by 6 or more could also be attributed to him saying we have done enough lads, keep out of harms way for 45 mins etc

Except that he was clearly pissed off with the team for not finishing them off.

Except that he was clearly pissed off with the team for not finishing them off.

The post was answered already earlier.

But I will repeat and expand a little...

He is the manager, the undoubted leader, they do as they are told, Pep's way or gone, right?

He is unhappy at the end because they lifted the foot off the gas, we are talking about the guy that bounces about in his technical area all match long shouting and yelling and talking the players through the game, so at no point in that second half he never yelled get your arses back in gear or if he did or words to that effect the players willfully ignored him and continued to breeze through the half until they scored and got a boost for the remainder of the game.

How many times do these players do this btw? It seems like a trait that has been seen more than a few times.

It was an arrogant comment from a couple of tossers. If anything is small time it’s thinking a half-billion squad plus expensive manager don’t need turn up for games they don’t fancy. Even when they are big games for the supporter base. That attitude disrespects our history and it disrespects long-standing fans.

You don't half spout some bullshit. No one thinks they shouldn't turn up for any game. Pep certainly doesn't. He hates losing to anyone. He's as demanding a manager as there is of his players. That's why his teams win so much.

And for the record, I hate City losing any game; especially to the Rags.

Reactions: CC1
The post was answered already earlier.

But I will repeat and expand a little...

He is the manager, the undoubted leader, they do as they are told, Pep's way or gone, right?

He is unhappy at the end because they lifted the foot off the gas, we are talking about the guy that bounces about in his technical area all match long shouting and yelling and talking the players through the game, so at no point in that second half he never yelled get your arses back in gear or if he did or words to that effect the players willfully ignored him and continued to breeze through the half until they scored and got a boost for the remainder of the game.

How many times do these players do this btw? It seems like a trait that has been seen more than a few times.

Performance levels go up and down: the players are not robots.

If players consistently fail to do what Pep wants, for whatever reason, you are right, they will be gone.

Reactions: CC1
Performance levels go up and down: the players are not robots.

If players consistently fail to do what Pep wants, for whatever reason, you are right, they will be gone.

That isn't really what was being discussed, they took their foot off the gas not performance level going down or anything to do with them being robots, it was willful, they thought they had done enough, which they had done but again, another 45 like the first and it would have destroyed our rivals and set them back all over the place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.