United (a) post-match thread

You don't half spout some bullshit. No one thinks they shouldn't turn up for any game. Pep certainly doesn't. He hates losing to anyone. He's as demanding a manager as there is of his players. That's why his teams win so much.

And for the record, I hate City losing any game; especially to the Rags.
Give over. There have been plenty of half-arsed performances and “this-game’s-not-important” team selections.

If you actually read the thread, you’d find that’s hardly a unique view.

Half a dozen players have regressed and we have a 25% loss rate in a one-horse league.

Probably been said, but the game hinged on a dodgy (bent) decision. We were well on top until Dean took about 3 seconds to blow for a nothing challenge that nobody 'in the ground' seemed arsed about. Maybe someone whispered something in his ear?

At that point we had had more than 80% possession, but strangely committed more fouls. Pretty much all of our players heads dropped as they must have known what was going on. It was going to be another one of those games that no matter how hard we tried the Rag's were always going to be at least a goal to the good at the final whistle.

The players should be stronger, and they should be able to cope with that kind of thing, but it definitely takes the edge off your game if you know you are going to get screwed no matter what.

Two dodgy bent decisions - Aguero scored a perfectly good goal.

What will we get in return for bending over for the rag ****s.

Another domestic treble?

Rewatching the match and watching how static our defence was on various United attacks. It makes me wonder if we threw the game.

I'm still fuming over this result. I was one of the small number who called a defeat in the Bluemoon poll but though I feared another performance like we've served up recently against the rags I hoped Pep surely could not fall for the same "sit back ,let them have the ball then hit them on the break tactic".Damn me but he did fall for it once again. fool me once shame on you,fool me twice shame on me , fool me three times and I'm a .............

When was the last time Fernandinho played in his natural position ? Wouldn’t mind but he’s not much of a centre half and would try Garcia or even Rodri there instead.
Get over the Fernandinho in midfield argument. He is finished there, his legs have gone, his energy levels are not superhuman like in the past.

After Laporte he is our best CB, like it or not.

Give over. There have been plenty of half-arsed performances and “this-game’s-not-important” team selections.

Half a dozen players have regressed and we have a 25% loss rate in a one-horse league.

Losing form in the league after two incredible seasons and winning everything in England is normal, especially if you count the severe injury crisis at CB and also the fact that legends like Silva, Aguero and Fernandinho are aging. Despite all this we can still win a cup treble this season which has never been done by any English team before. After it became obvious we couldn't defend the title, whether we finish 10, 15 or 25 pts behind the dippers doesn't really matter. We need to give playing time in the league to squad players and see how they perform and prepare them for important games. It's a squad game, especially for clubs wanting to win multiple trophies.

Pep is a winner, more than his critics in this thread combined, this is why he has won more trophies than any other active manager now. He is the last man who would tolerate half-arsed performances. That many fans question him on this count is baffling.

Last edited:
Reactions: OB1

Maybe we are talking at cross purposes. I was referring to the idea that Pep doesn't get what Derbies mean to fans.

As to views not be unique, that doesn't make them right or wrong but I don't agree with the idea that Pep makes “this-game’s-not-important” team selections. That's just not his ethos and he makes that plain often enough. That though is a different point to whether he gets what fans feel as is how the team have performed this season.

Why play Zinch and not Mendy? Because we need to prepare Zinch for Real as well as possible, Mendy isn't available for the 2nd leg.

Why play Cancelo? We've promised him things when he signed, he isn't going to make it unless he plays in important games, and not only against rubbish teams. We may need him at some point in the CL, if Walker is unavailable for some reason.

Why play Aguero over Jesus? Because he is Aguero and because he is not likely to start against Madrid, that is, to keep him happy.

Why start Sterling over Jesus? Because we need Sterling to regain form.

Why start Foden over Mahrez? Because Foden deserves a start in a big game after his performance in the cup final.

Why not start Mahrez over Bernardo? Because Bernie is generally superb at Manure's ground, scored in the last games there.

Ultimately, we lost because Eddie had a shocker, not because the selection was rubbish. The first goal helped the rags a lot, they were content to sit deep which made it difficult for us.

Reactions: mat
Why play Zinch and not Mendy? Because we need to prepare Zinch for Real as well as possible, Mendy isn't available for the 2nd leg.

Why play Cancelo? We've promised him things when he signed, he isn't going to make it unless he plays in important games, and not only against rubbish teams. We may need him at some point in the CL, if Walker is unavailable for some reason.

Why play Aguero over Jesus? Because he is Aguero and because he is not likely to start against Madrid, that is, to keep him happy.

Why start Sterling over Jesus? Because we need Sterling to regain form.

Why start Foden over Mahrez? Because Foden deserves a start in a big game after his performance in the cup final.

Why not start Mahrez over Bernardo? Because Bernie is generally superb at Manure's ground, scored in the last games there.

Ultimately, we lost because Eddie had a shocker, not because the selection was rubbish. The first goal helped the rags a lot, they were content to sit deep which made it difficult for us.
#Ultimately, we lost because Eddie had a shocker, not because the selection was rubbish. The first goal helped the rags a lot, they were content to sit deep which made it difficult for us."

We lost the game because we were appalling, had a bad attitude and were general "not up' for the game, in my book unacceptable, however many trophies we have won over the last few years.

And with the game a derby against hated opponents , made it even worse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.