United and Liverpool EFL project - proposal rejected

I see our lovely friends at Man Ure and the Red Bin Dippers decided that only the top 9 clubs have special votng rights in their brave new world. The 10th of course being MCFC.
What a surprise!

Not the case, the FFP case was there shot and they missed.

We are now accepted and when you go from being against them to being one of them, I think some fans will be disappointed to know, we will ultimately prove just as self-serving TBH.

That’s the bit that confuses me, we know what they want (greater voting rights), we also know how they will use it (higher share of TV deal).

We can see what carrots have been sent to the Championship and Football League.

However I can’t see what it is in it for the 11 other PL clubs and without that, how anyone think it will ever pass.

If they make it 15 instead of 9, they'd pass it.

And they'd still have a lot more power because they'd only need 10 votes out of 15 instead of the current 14/20.

That’s the bit that confuses me, we know what they want (greater voting rights), we also know how they will use it (higher share of TV deal).

We can see what carrots have been sent to the Championship and Football League.

However I can’t see what it is in it for the 11 other PL clubs and without that, how anyone think it will ever pass.
Not much has said about the 25% of all tv income to the lower leagues? Who is going to be happy with a reduced share of their income especially when the teams in red increase their own share as they attract more idiots in the East?

Vetoing new owners? Self-serving but one City will back, the last thing Abu Dhabi want is the Saudi's buying United or Newcastle. FFP and transparent books? UEFA's FFP helps us more than it hurts us in 2020 and If it was up to me, all contracts and transfers would be publicly disclosed anyway, that's one thing American sports does well. However you obviously have to be pretty weary of this kind of thing from Liverpool and United.
if the saudis made a bid to buy the rags and the rags wanted it the deal would be done,what the rags want the rags get, you know the rules

I don't care whether City agree with this or not, it's wrong, wrong, wrong.

More of the trend that started with keeping home gate money and fiddling the TV revenues to benefit a favoured few, and which has ended with the nonsense that is FFP. Turning football into a cartel, and making certain teams untouchable. But ultimately destroying the competition and making the game boring and pointless.

In some ways, if this actually comes in then it will be easier to give this sport up and get a measure of life back.
That is a point to be fair. It's inevitable that the game will be eventually, so maybe it happening sooner rather than later wouldn't be the end of the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.