United and Liverpool EFL project - proposal rejected

Depends what the end game is, I suppose.

Soriano's comments last week showed he wants reform down the pyramid, showing little empathy for clubs that have been around a long time.

However, the fact one of the proposals being put up is UEFA's FFP limits, you do have to wonder how we could ever be in favour of that?

Parry, Liverpool and United tried to end our existence, that is beyond any doubt.

Perhaps you keep your enemies closer and exposing their plans has achieved the desired outcome?

Parry won't survive and Liverpool and United are now the public face of this.

Yesterday you said
"we are up to our neck in it"
Did you believe that City had any input into the "Big picture" ?
Considering that it is the 18th draft, it has been in the pipeline for months. At the same time that these two clubs were trying to bankrupt our club. It would seem obvious to me that we would not be discussing anything with those twoclubs as they were trying to make man city obsolete throughout that period.
Of course we have to play the political game, and keep the enemy close as you stated.

You have to love how badly this has gone down. What the fuck were Liverpool and United doing going so public, at this time & with those stings attached. Fucking madness!!
And as shown in the mainly at present they’re the only two backing it.
American lunatics
Wonder if Trump's involved Lol.

Parry was happy to let Steve Dale control Bury, hes even happier seeing his beloved LFC top of pyramid , doubt City are fussed .

We cant go back in time but a future dominated officially by Scum, Dippers and Parry is hardly one to celebrate.
I'm not sure Parry was at the EFL when Dale's was approved. I know when they went tits up the EFL had a lady as a temp CEO. Doesnt change the fact that the EFL are useless. The 72 clubs make the rules up and the EFL board administer them. This allows the board a constant get out so when the Temp CEO was talking ref Bury she just kept referring to the fact that all they were doing was enforcing the rules the 72 clubs had previously voted on

Even by the dismally low standards of Conn-man this is a steaming pile of shite. Apparently, Henry deeply cares about the EFL & the split in English football.

It’s interesting that the Guardian very rarely enables comments on his ramblings.

I'd imagine a lot of his stuff goes through lawyers before publishing, and you'd end up with a lot of libellous statements if you added the comments.

I thought some of his stuff around City/FFP was nonsense (e.g. making out the ex-PM of Belgium MUST be a good guy, when his background is decidedly iffy and the decision on the PSG case clearly suggested otherwise), but at least he advocates for lower league clubs, as most reporters don't.

You can comment on twitter as he shares his articles, and he's getting unanimous criticism for this. Not sure why he's taken this stance - maybe like a lot of league clubs he's blinded by the money, but I'd have thought the power grab would repel him as much as it does most fans.

They say that the big 6 clubs are behind this proposal. However according to today's Daily Express we are remaining neutral. So I guess it's a wait and see at Manchester City.

Knowing how much City detest Liverpool and Parry in particular, I strongly suspect we could even behind the leak of this?

We are obviously wanting a bigger share of the pot, but if we can get that reform and also take down hostile parties, all the better.
If it's true that the other top 4 were looped in on Thursday and the rest only found out on Sunday when it was leaked then I'd hazard a guess that it's a 1 in 4 chance for sure.

If it's true that the other top 4 were looped in on Thursday and the rest only found out on Sunday when it was leaked then I'd hazard a guess that it's a 1 in 4 chance for sure.

Sure I read somewhere that Chelsea had been included a lot earlier and taken part in some of the talks.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.