United and Liverpool EFL project - proposal rejected

The PL should set up an independent fund. They could put say 1% of the total TV revenue into the fund each year. When an EFL club goes into administration, the fund buys out the club, pays off its creditors and then manages the club until a fan owned group can be established to take over the club at a nominal amount, with the proviso that the club must then operate on a 51% fan owned model going forward and its primary creditor would be the independent fund.

That way there's a safety net, clubs don't go out of existence and fans reclaim their club and chancers know there's little future to driving a club into the ground.
I *really* like this idea. No idea how practical It is, but it sounds eminently sensible too me.

The PL should set up an independent fund. They could put say 1% of the total TV revenue into the fund each year. When an EFL club goes into administration, the fund buys out the club, pays off its creditors and then manages the club until a fan owned group can be established to take over the club at a nominal amount, with the proviso that the club must then operate on a 51% fan owned model going forward and its primary creditor would be the independent fund.

That way there's a safety net, clubs don't go out of existence and fans reclaim their club and chancers know there's little future to driving a club into the ground.

Get out of here with your sensible ideas !

Great in theory but clubs will more than likely waste that cash and would be looking for more from the PL and the fan owned model isn't that successful in the long run.

Isn't this one of the things that should unite all fans? We should let our clubs know collectively that we do not want them to support this. United and Liverpool fans in particular should be livid that their American owners have been getting together in secret for 4 years to come up with this. I have actually seen those type of responses thankfully, so even they have a tolerance limit.

I'm not saying our management board/ownership are in support of this, I actually find that hard to believe after the "whispering behind our backs" and the hateful 9 letter to the CAS. However, we should make it clear, none of us want this.

Last edited:
Isn't this one of the things that should unite all fans? We should let our clubs know collectively that we do not want them to support this. United and Liverpool fans in particular should be livid that their American owners have been getting together in secret for 4 years to come up with this.
Dippers are a different breed,a cult,when told by a Dipper with an ounce of power(Parry)that its a good thing for football the tunnel vision kicks in & there's no changing the cult members mind no matter what.....

With that safety net, this allows clubs to spend what ever the fuck they want without going bust. It could work if the proposal included a few conditions that avoided owners letting loose.

Could be wishful thinking but I would love it if somebody at City broke the news of this shit in order to expose the rags and dippers in their devious plans to boost their finances at the expense of others.

Currently listening to Sky Sports News ( who are also cunts ) but there appears to be lots of dissent towards this plan and some serious flak towards the odious pair of twats.

Arrogant and greedy fuckers getting what they throughly deserve.

I know City have been privy to this whole shit show. I'd like to think better of us, but the fact we gave a no comment yesterday suggests otherwise.

Would have been the perfect public moment to show we are not like them.

I’m not sure we were you know, if we look at the New York meeting of American owners (that we didn’t attend - it was thought at the time we were under discussion as it was immediately prior to ‘that letter’) that’s the core of this lot, Liverpool, United being the from with a couple of patsy clubs following

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.