United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

It was the right thing to do.
No argument here. We got through. However, the notion that we should be hanging on after 175 minutes is ridiculous! The game should have been done and dusted at OT at best, and after 20 mins last night at worst.

Pep needs a good sit down and to rethink what is going on with this squad of players. The tinker man was Ranieri’s nickname, but is beginning to absolutely apply to Pep. 7, 8, 9 changes per game is getting old. No rhythm, players playing two and three positions per game, etc, etc, etc...but no significant results. Liverpool team, for example, picks itself almost every week, and players get subbed for a rest, not benched or rested.

I found it quite valuable. Although limited in context it’s to the point.

Maybe someone can post Pep’s, City stats and also his trophy chest haul.

Would you like us to sack every manager that does not win us the league?

Nobody sacks Pep. He leaves of his own accord. I just surmised whether that would as disastrous as some/we think.

For the record, I would be sick as a pig if he leaves us. However, I would remain optimistic that with our resources we would continue to have many more successful times ahead. Also, I never mentioned the league, unless you’re referencing the Champions League within that.

Could and should have been well out of siight by the 25th minute. But it didn't happen.

A couple of observations from someone who watches when I can. (I follow a non league team home and away)

I feel like there needs to be a bigger presence up front, Haland would have been perfect. Smashing balls long to Aguero against players like Maguire is never going to work is it?

I like Otamendi and I get for City and the style of play he's probably not the best on the floor and I agree he has a mistake in him, but he is no nonsense and gets the job done. Next to Laporte he can do a job.

Rodri looked knackered in the second half and was on his arse, so not sure why he wasn't taken off?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty obvious, surely, that I mean evolve within the time he spends at the same club.

Clearly it wasn't obvious to me. He actually evolved in that sense in his first season.

Whether he has evolved or not since has not been much of an issue as he won the lot domestically last season, something no other manager in the history of English football has done.

Whether he needs to evolve now or just perfect further how he wants the team to play remains to be seen.

Last night he picked a side and formation we have not seen before so the idea that he can't evolve is a bit premature.

We'll have to see what he asks the club to do in the transfer market to see if he is going to adapt further to the English game, where his current side are only the team that scores the most goals, has the most shots, concedes the fewest shots and has the most possession.

BTW Gundo was our best player last night :-)

Unbelievably negative and nasty towards the club, manager, and players in here yet again. If the average comment in here equates to the average match going City fan (which I doubt is true, but maybe it is) then there can’t be a more deluded and spoiled fan base in football.

It isn't, we sit in different blocks in different parts of the ground for each game we go to, we sit around in city square, for a bit. I have never heard some of the negative, self entitled nastiness read on here, especially on the match threads, but I was shocked last night how the post match thread reacted to winning yet another semi final.

I have heard the words 'major rebuild' a number of times recently and I just don't get it at all. We have to replace key players, we knew this was coming and no team is going to replace Kompany, Silva and Aguero without noticing. All the key replacements are there - Garcia/Laporte will be the main partnership next season, Foden is an obvs replacement for Silva and Jesus comes in for Aguero. All will happen over 2 seasons and we will bring in or through players in other key areas.

Last night was frustrating in many ways but it was a derby and there was a final at stake and there was the whole crowd thing that led to an odd atmosphere. United had nothing to lose but still they hardly came at us with any real intent.

So we have one final, good prospects in both other cups and probably second in the league to a team that is on a freakish run that no one predicted.

The problem this season is we don’t have options to change up
No sane means sterling playing himself out of form
No kompany or Laporte means we keep playing otamendi
A left back every now and then but no consistency
And we miss soooo many easy chances we give teams hope
Think we need 4/5 players too improve squad replace silva sane kompany mendy and add some desire
Throw in Foden and Garcia and give it another go
Oh and maybe pep signing a one year extension

Yep dominated a game and lost again so why do you think that is?

As an example it wasn’t like either Wolves performance or even Norwich for me. It was purely a case of terrible finishing and an unfortunate goal. It wasn’t like you could see their plan and it would inevitably work. They didn’t catch us on the break they didn’t threat they scored from a free kick due to not getting enough on a clearance. That can happen. We won nearly all second balls moved the ball quickly and generally looked solid at the back. We played very well in parts and never really looked like conceding another even during the shaky 10 mins either side of half time. Another day we score at least two of the sitters we had and DeGea is in his 2020 form not his 2016 form and we win very, very comfortably.

That’s my take anyway.

No argument here. We got through. However, the notion that we should be hanging on after 175 minutes is ridiculous! The game should have been done and dusted at OT at best, and after 20 mins last night at worst.

Pep needs a good sit down and to rethink what is going on with this squad of players. The tinker man was Ranieri’s nickname, but is beginning to absolutely apply to Pep. 7, 8, 9 changes per game is getting old. No rhythm, players playing two and three positions per game, etc, etc, etc...but no significant results. Liverpool team, for example, picks itself almost every week, and players get subbed for a rest, not benched or rested.

Absolutely spot on.

Indeed! They’re our biggest fucking rivals for fuck’s sake! When they went down “injured”, four times our players went over and stroked the ****s on the back of the head and helped them up.

FUCK OFF!

Even the fans applauded United when they threw the ball back to us after we’d kicked it out at one point. Me and the lads near me went fucking mad at that, what the fuck are we clapping those fucking ****s for? Just for throwing the ball back to us?

FUCK OFF!

The dirty red ****s deserve none of that. Fuck em, leave them on the deck and don’t be fucking clapping them neither!

The world’s gone mad when that’s what our players and fans are doing in a Manchester derby!
Post of the thread.
We are too fxxking nice by a long way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.