United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

On another day we could have won that 4 or 5-1.
The overall performance was fine and we limited them to one shot on target whilst leaving some of our best players out. So on the whole there's very little to be discouraged about.

This. I really don’t get the anger on here tonight. We totally dominated the game that we were 2 ahead in at kick off but just fluffed all our many chances and they got a goal from their one opportunity. We walked our way into the final as they were never, ever, ever, ever going through with what they created.. as they literally took both their chances over 180 mins and we scored 3 of our 35 odd.

I've heard some shit on Sky, but fletcher and micah saying neither of matic's challenges were yellow cards, are up there with the most ridiculous, what about the other three ?

Turned it off in disgust, when even a blue it TOLD to say shit like that.

Micah Richards need to piss off. Bigging up ManUre and trying to suck up to the Sky. Supposedly Blue. Useless pundit.

Likeable, cheerful lad but none too bright. Ruined the game my arse.

Unless you’re a Blue, you’d say he’s a third rate pundit. He knows he’s lucky to get the gig so sometimes falls over backwards to counter his Blue leanings by coming out with utter garbage.

Last edited:
I couldn’t give two fucks mate if they beat us here every season.

We win trophies. We win titles. They don’t

That is true.

But along the way to winning trophies, we should be beating them, just like they always beat us when Fergie was in charge and United were winning trophies.

I’m just frustrated at yet ‘another’ sloppy and avoidable defeat by United. That’s all.

Sterling is out of form. Sitting on the bench isn’t going to help him. Pep is trying to play him back into form.

He is a right winger so playing him left fucking wing back won't get him in form.

For a man who is supposed to be the best manager in the world I fail to see how he can't learn from his own poor decisions.

He has had an obsession with 343 since Bayern and it didn't work in his first season and now he is fucking about with it again but in a way where we are limiting our players.

The best thing to come out of that (apart from making it to the final of course) is the fact that we gave their fans false hope for about an hour.

We had 61% possession. Double the amount of attempts and double the amount on target.

We had 8 corners. They had non. Their goalkeeper made 4 saves, 2 of which were outstanding. 60% of the game was played in their half.

We also missed 2 open goals and 2 other clear chances where De Gea didn’t even have to get involved.

Anyone who wants to dispute the above evidence then feel free, but please do me a favour and post it from within the confides of a mental asylum because that is where you belong.

It was tactically sound. The only thing we were guilty of was failing to take chances and a 3 to 4-1 score line wouldn’t have flattered us.

Pep is pissed with the result on the night, but most certainly not the performance.

That’s me out for this evening before my head explodes, but really fucking looking forward to Wembley for those bell ends who have clearly forgot.

Night all.

This game summed up our inconsistent season.
1. Pep picks a team you would never second guess
2, The left of the team were right footed
3, We dominate the opening exchanges and waste chances
4, We concede from the 1st shot in goal
5, 2nd half we continue to waste chances (usually we have pulled the game back but luckily this time we didn’t need to)
I think tonight Pep went with a line up with one eye in Madrid with no Dinho and Laporte. Add to that no Ederson or a recognised left back
I find it amazing how many chances we waste game after game despite the fact we have already broken the 100 goal barrier.
Surely after the Winter break Pep needs to stop messing around with the team and be able to play a fully fit squad with Dinho and Laporte plus Ederson all the time. Hopefully Sane can be a welcome addition

It’s weird that Guardiola has a virtually immaculate record against United at Old Trafford, but fairly poor against them at our place. Not sure if he overthinks things or gives them too much respect at The Etihad, but it’s a bit of an odd anomaly.
Picking the best starting 11 would be a start, I wish i knew what goes on in his head

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.