United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

We could have done better.

having conceded a goal completely against the run of play, admire the bottle and discipline to see it out and get us to Wembley. One goal and the engine would have been purring. We totally bossed the game, and the tie and every Utd fan knows they are miles behind Man City.

You’ve got to be joking.

They honestly thought they were unlucky tonight and could and should have won.

If you want a laugh, plough through their post match thread. There are so absolute crackers. They are totally insane.

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/post-match-vs-manchester-city.453046/

The system means jack shit if the individuals are constantly fucking up whether defending or attacking. At least we didn't completely melt and won the tie.

We had 61% possession. Double the amount of attempts and double the amount on target.

We had 8 corners. They had non. Their goalkeeper made 4 saves, 2 of which were outstanding. 60% of the game was played in their half.

We also missed 2 open goals and 2 other clear chances where De Gea didn’t even have to get involved.

Anyone who wants to dispute the above evidence then feel free, but please do me a favour and post it from within the confides of a mental asylum because that is where you belong.

It was tactically sound. The only thing we were guilty of was failing to take chances and a 3 to 4-1 score line wouldn’t have flattered us.

Pep is pissed with the result on the night, but most certainly not the performance.

That’s me out for this evening before my head explodes, but really fucking looking forward to Wembley for those bell ends who have clearly forgot.

Night all.

Good post, it’s mental in here.

If there’s one thing we’ve learned from our home defeats to the vermin is that they can defend and have in DeGea probably the best shot stopper in the league.
The difference tonight v the league game is that we utterly controlled the game and conceded v few chances.
We were unfortunate and wasteful going forwards and on another night would have won by a 4 goal margin.
What does worry me is the incredibly high number of goals we concede given the few chances other teams create. It continues to happen and will cost us against better opposition. Fiddling around with the central defenders cannot be helping this. Does anyone know when the last time we played the same back 4 in consecutive games was?

We had 61% possession. Double the amount of attempts and double the amount on target.

We had 8 corners. They had non. Their goalkeeper made 4 saves, 2 of which were outstanding. 60% of the game was played in their half.

We also missed 2 open goals and 2 other clear chances where De Gea didn’t even have to get involved.

Anyone who wants to dispute the above evidence then feel free, but please do me a favour and post it from within the confides of a mental asylum because that is where you belong.

It was tactically sound. The only thing we were guilty of was failing to take chances and a 3 to 4-1 score line wouldn’t have flattered us.

Pep is pissed with the result on the night, but most certainly not the performance.

That’s me out for this evening before my head explodes, but really fucking looking forward to Wembley for those bell ends who have clearly forgot.

Night all.[/QUOT]

Night all.

Totally in agreement with what this guy said

and I’ll post what I said again..

I really don’t get the anger on here tonight. We totally dominated the game that we were 2 ahead in at kick off but just fluffed all our many chances and they got a goal from their one opportunity. We walked our way into the final as they were never, ever, ever, ever going through with what they created.. as they literally took both their chances over 180 mins and we scored 3 of our 35 odd.

Night all.
I will disagree, tactically sound you say? So as a manager you have 70% possesion most games but teams sit behind the ball,.You can't break them down, so what do you do? I would work on the fact we have 10-12 corners a game and work on that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.