United (H) - League Cup SF 2nd Leg Post-Match Thread

Probably nearly everything's been said in nearly eighty pages.
Pep hugely at fault in his team selection. Just outrageously at fault. He's been brilliant for us, but just what exactly is he trying to prove?

Over the moon to be going to Wembley, because I've been following this club and its teams the vast majority of my life, and I'll never, EVER, take such things for granted. Trying to end on a positive note. Not easy. Off to bed.

Weird time to try a diamond defence. 3 at the back using 1 centre back is a new one on me and hope that I don’t get to see it again.

That free kick at the end. Ugh. Tense and glad Mata didn’t get to take it.

Then taking off Aguero and De Bruyne to waste time when we could have needed them in a penalty shoot out had we conceded again. Take off Sterling and someone else that can’t take penalties!

Still, were at Wembley again, hopefully kept Ole at the wheel a bit longer and this game will be forgotten very quickly.

onwards we go.
Wouldn’t trust any of them with a pen at the moment.
Having said that our record in shoot outs is excellent when it matters.

Strange I've been on this forum a good few years, but the shite I'm reading from city supporters tonight about our team/manager has hit an all time low. Manager picks team. Team formation confused most on this forum but works if players do there job. The goal they scored could have been scored what ever team our forum experts would have picked. Aguero not scoring his chance, sterling his 2 chances and "The magican" david silva's brain fart decision not to shoot means The manager is to blame for our defeat, i wonder has football got too technical that your average city fan can't grasp how good the football is that you are watching now. You don't deserve the manager you have you moaning bunch of @#&*….....

Yep tactically sound, Would you like me to spell it out for you? We lost tonight how the fuck is that tactically sound? We have now lost 2 home games in a row to them,.tactically.soind is if you win a.game,.So.please continue.with your drivel

You need to understand the difference between a result and a performance.

There is only 1 person talking drivel and the last few pages and quotes you have revived should really be highlighting this for you.

It appears not.

What medical,

It was reported in the pre match thread that he and Fern had failed a medical.

Pep has said this after the match.

Pep reacts to the 1-0 loss to United...
CITY 0 UNITED 1: PEP GUARDIOLA REACTION

City boss Pep Guardiola says Aymeric Laporte, Fernandinho and Benjamin Mendy are all face fitness tests ahead of the weekend trip to Tottenham.

The Catalan, speaking at his Manchester derby post-match press conference, said: "Laporte and Ferna are not completely fit.

"Mendy neither. We’ll see in the next days.

Bulshit mate, if you were worried about a player getting injured and easing him back in, sheff United isn't the game
It’s not bulshit (sic). If he’d have come through Sheff Utd unscathed he would’ve played. He didn’t, so was left out. It’s not fucking rocket science.

I’m genuinely intrigued why you think he was left out?!

Wouldn’t trust any of them with a pen at the moment.
Having said that our record in shoot outs is excellent when it matters.

It’s a crazy juxtaposition. Unbeatable in shootouts; inept in games.

I’d be slightly less stressed if Sergio and KDB took penalties than Gabby and Stones though!

It’s not bulshit (sic). If he’d have come through Sheff Utd unscathed he would’ve played. He didn’t, so was left out. It’s not fucking rocket science.

I’m genuinely intrigued why you think he was left out?!
It is fucking rocket science, most managers would have had him in at Fulham at home, not Sheffield United away

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.