United (H) Post Match Thread

Okay deep breaths I've had time to calm down but I'm still angry. Before I begin yes I know we've had a magnificent run, yes I know we beat Liverpool for the first time in years, although so is everyone else at the minute and yes I know the run had to end sometime. However......

Hands up who didn't look at that line up and get an uneasy feeling? That midfield for a derby?? No real pace, stamina, fight or legs and so it proved. Sterling and Jesus have never scored against the rags and after today you can see why. We fucked about getting a centre half forever and we lost a season because of it. We have done the same with a decent 25-30 goal powerful striker and it is costing us. Not so much in the run of the mill games but in big games, especially the champions league knockout stages. We need an alternate to a load of lightweight midgets who need five chances to score one, if they're lucky.

Onto the game. Less than two minutes in and a shocking slack idiotic passage of play and we're a goal down. Cancello.....get that throw in down the line! Instead he throws a high difficult to control aimless ball into a dangerous area. Jesus loses it then chases back and makes the sort of challenge he does at the other end. Now that's fine at the other end but not in our fucking box, pulling and hacking away like a fucking Sunday league player until job done he fells him and it's a penalty. Utterly criminal. 1-0 down and that plays right into the rags hands and the inevitable happened as we chase the game, they breakaway and score again. Game over. We could still be playing now and not score.

The rags must have looked at that lineup and got a lift. No Silva or Foden pressing and snarling at their heels everywhere. It made their life 50% easier. We face a team with pace on the counter and leave our fastest defender on the bench. Three utterly stupid decisions by Pep.

Now to the real elephant in the room and this isn't going to be popular. KDB. At the moment he isn't worthy of a place in the team. In fact I believe him coming back has disrupted our rhythm and reduced our effectiveness by at least 30%. When he was out we got Gundogan further forward and KDB's place went to either Foden or Silver who did the graft and covering he can't do. It was a revelation, teams couldn't handle it and Gundogan couldn't stop scoring. If Pep wants to shoehorn KDB into the team then he goes on the right alternating with Mahrez . He is costing us at both ends at the moment in the middle

Let's hope we regroup and go on another long winning run picking up all the trophies along the way. I fear however that in crunch games Pep is going to do similar as today and cost us.

Peps three selection mistakes , with hindsight

Walker for Cancelo , Walker understands the meaning of an English derby game he would have put Rashford in Row Z
Foden for Sterling , Sterling does nothing against the Rags and never will
Bernardo for Jesus , Bernardo's energy and playing a false nine has worked for weeks , why change it for the Rags ?
You didn't need hindsight to see it. Many commented on it on the pre-match thread as soon as the team was announced.

Walker and Foden should have started this game for the 2 you mentioned but Bernardo should have been in for KDB.

He's been absolutely amazing for us and is a City legend, but i honestly think we play better without KDB. It's as if he has to dictate all our attacking plays as he knows he's the "star" man. He tries too hard and that is his demise. I think going forward he doesn't start for us..
He must know himself he's badly out of form. Therefore you'd think he play it simple and complete safer passes to get his rhythm and confidence and his game feel back again instead of the eye of the needle stuff. Pep, who constantly reinforces the need not to give the ball away, should be drumming this into him. I don't think he starts for us atm either.

Think Pep knows better than us that we are stronger with Bernardo right now but probably thought that we will manage to win without him. That was perhaps a bit arrogant on Pep's part.

I love Kevin but his bottom level is really poor. None of the other players loses the ball as cheaply as him. He is a great creator of chances but he is the least reliable player in the team when it comes to short passes. Pep knew Kevin wasn't in top form. Maybe he wants to help him regain form. We will need his quality in the final weeks of the season. We also shouldn't overplay Bernardo. If that was the CL final, Bernardo would have started the game 100%.

Hopefully we will use the pain from that loss to finish the season strongly.

You're sounding like a Dipper, it doesn't mean more

Derby games are more important for the underdog, Rags will secure second, get nowt for that.

Move on and start another run.
Wrong on both counts. A win today secures us the league and they still have a fight on for top 4.
Really poor performance in what was the most important game of the season thus far.

That's all theoretical though. Cancelo was shite and had a brain fart for the second goal. There's no guarantee Walker wouldn't have had a similar lapse of concentration. Zinchenko did his job well.
The theory is that Walker should have played and it’s not rocket science

Pep's biggest mistake for this game. KDB is not fit and has altered our rhythm since he came back, bench him, it'll do the lad a favour. 2nd biggest mistake, not playing Walker, our fastest player, against a team that relies on quick counter attacking. I'm gutted at this one, more than any of the other recent defeats to United. 17 points would have been insurmountable. Now we have sown a seed of doubt in our players minds and a seed of hope in the oppositions. You need to learn Mr G. The derby means everything, don't mess about trying to play your players (KDB) in to form in this one, go with those that are clearly wearing their hearts on their sleeves, Foden and Bernie. CTID
What sort of fans lay into our genius coach who gives us an unbelievable win ratio and trophies while playing the greatest football the Prem has ever seen, because of one loss ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.