United (H) - Post Match Thread

Sunday night in the pub was sat with a few reds. Ok ok i know but they are pals.

one said us singing all the sings in the ground (tearing cockneys apart etc) over the speakers at the end and generally taking the piss was bitter and obsessive and a little disrespectful. I mentioned the above banner, he said that was just banter …..

oh how we laughed
Remember being locked in after the league cup semi final listening to glory glory man united on repeat. Short memory cunts

They absolutely lucked out on a generation of homegrown players at the same time they had a top manager and Premier league funded cash to fill in the blanks with top players. Their spend was comparatively v high even though they didn’t have to pay for half the team.

those conditions are gone now, so back to normality. They’ve only had 2 mgrs who’ve won the very big cups
Its like the “its not the united way to sack managers” myth.

in between busby and GPC and post GPC, they sack managers for utter fun

They absolutely lucked out on a generation of homegrown players
That's not how I remember it, due to foreign players rule over half their team could never play in Europe so they scouted for all the top English talent they could find and paid top dollar. They came good just as the foreign player rule was relaxed so they got to bank all the European cash and dominate English football.

That's not how I remember it, due to foreign players rule over half their team could never play in Europe so they scouted for all the top English talent they could find and paid top dollar. They came good just as the foreign player rule was relaxed so they got to bank all the European cash and dominate English football.

Exactly. When you look at "the class of '92", you're only really talking about Giggs and Beckham. Butt, Gary Neville, Phil Neville were all journeyman professionals at best. And that was ot unless you count John O'Shea and Wes Brown who were also shit.

And maybe Scholes was okay.

Just wondering …. a few times during the Sly coverage they showed 3 of the rag hierarchy watching the game (one in particular seemed to be sucking a wasp) …..but don’t recall seeing any views of our top table?

So … just wondering … was Khaldoon there? Soriano?

No agenda … just passing interest. Cheers

Remember being locked in after the league cup semi final listening to glory glory man united on repeat. Short memory cunts
Also after the final whistle the crowd were allowed to walk from all along the main stand to goad us as they left. Not one steward tried to stop them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.