United or Chelsea wouldn't have got out this group either..

tonea2003 said:
TTS said:
Absolutely believe this. Napoli were fucking amazing tonight, as they were at the Etihad. I don't believe we've been playing THAT much worse in Europe than in the PL - but in this group, the standard of the opposition is frighteningly good, and it's showed.

you are making sound like they hammered us, nothing could be further from the truth

some reality checks needed here, we are not far off the mark in a difficult group

No, you've missed my point, I wasn't saying they hammered us at all. I'm saying that we actually played alright - a performance like that would almost certainly have got us 3 points in the league. But Napoli defended very well, and broke up the field exceptionally well. We were good, they were better. <----THIS IS POSSIBLE IN FOOTBALL. Sick of pundits assuming that a loss MUST mean one team played shite.

TTS said:
tonea2003 said:
TTS said:
Absolutely believe this. Napoli were fucking amazing tonight, as they were at the Etihad. I don't believe we've been playing THAT much worse in Europe than in the PL - but in this group, the standard of the opposition is frighteningly good, and it's showed.

you are making sound like they hammered us, nothing could be further from the truth

some reality checks needed here, we are not far off the mark in a difficult group

No, you've missed my point, I wasn't saying they hammered us at all. I'm saying that we actually played alright - a performance like that would almost certainly have got us 3 points in the league. But Napoli defended very well, and broke up the field exceptionally well. We were good, they were better. <----THIS IS POSSIBLE IN FOOTBALL. Sick of pundits assuming that a loss MUST mean one team played shite.

singing off the same hymn sheet mate!
conceding the first goal is not helping us though, we can't keep coming back form a goal down!
we had good possession and got it out wide often but the delivery was often poor from our full backs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.