United Thread 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rug head giving it the big un on SSN, they will be in with a chance of winning the Premier League next year he says
I keep playing it back for comedy value

blue underpants said:
Rug head giving it the big un on SSN, they will be in with a chance of winning the Premier League next year he says
If there were cups for bare-faced cheek, bluster and bravado, this lot would be unassailable.

mad4city said:
blue underpants said:
If there were cups for bare-faced cheek, bluster and bravado, this lot would be unassailable.
But they really believe it, seriously they do, they cannot see everybody else sniggering behind their hands at them just look at the way they reacted to VGs drunken deluded ramblings last week, they lapped it up....except my rag son in law who thinks he's a nutter and an embarrassment to the club

blue underpants said:
mad4city said:
blue underpants said:
But they really believe it, seriously they do, they cannot see everybody else sniggering behind their hands at them just look at the way they reacted to VGs drunken deluded ramblings last week, they lapped it up....except my rag son in law who thinks he's a nutter and an embarrassment to the club

I was at a referees meeting last Thursday & asked one of the rags there what he thought of the speech by TT. Had to lift my chin off the floor when he said that it "was the most embarrassing & cringeworthy thing" he had ever heard. Also said that he thought they were a million miles from winning anything in the next few seasons.

richardtheref said:
blue underpants said:
mad4city said:

I was at a referees meeting last Thursday & asked one of the rags there what he thought of the speech by TT. Had to lift my chin off the floor when he said that it "was the most embarrassing & cringeworthy thing" he had ever heard. Also said that he thought they were a million miles from winning anything in the next few seasons.

I assume you weren't chatting to Mason or Taylor?

Tbh I dont think it is that far fetched to say they'll challenge next season. It all depends on how they reinvest this season - which they inevitably will - and whether the squad has enough depth to challenge on more than the domestic front (Europe, should they navigate the qualifying round).

Fixture backlog didn't affect them whatsoever last season - they had no Europe and went out of the League Cup in R2. They also had an incredible amount of injuries throughout the season (moreso the first 6 months) so you'd think that they wont be as unlucky on that front next season.

Falcao & Di Maria clearly flopped, yet they still finished in 4th (from 7th last season) despite relying on Ashley Young's form, missing Carrick for long periods of the season (whether you think he's any good or not, he is integral to the 4-3-3 they play) and having a pretty shaky backline with a right winger in Valencia playing right back. Of course they had DDG to thank as he's clearly been the best GK this season, and they may well not have that helping them next season.

Their record against the top 6 was fairly impressive (18/30), but it was their form against the cannon fodder in the league, or on their travels, which let them down.

I find it hard to believe that they wont have strengthened enough this summer to mount a challenge, although I do feel they'll fall short of Chelsea and yourselves.

Latics Fan SJK said:
Tbh I dont think it is that far fetched to say they'll challenge next season. It all depends on how they reinvest this season - which they inevitably will - and whether the squad has enough depth to challenge on more than the domestic front (Europe, should they navigate the qualifying round).

Fixture backlog didn't affect them whatsoever last season - they had no Europe and went out of the League Cup in R2. They also had an incredible amount of injuries throughout the season (moreso the first 6 months) so you'd think that they wont be as unlucky on that front next season.

Falcao & Di Maria clearly flopped, yet they still finished in 4th (from 7th last season) despite relying on Ashley Young's form, missing Carrick for long periods of the season (whether you think he's any good or not, he is integral to the 4-3-3 they play) and having a pretty shaky backline with a right winger in Valencia playing right back. Of course they had DDG to thank as he's clearly been the best GK this season, and they may well not have that helping them next season.

Their record against the top 6 was fairly impressive (18/30), but it was their form against the cannon fodder in the league, or on their travels, which let them down.

I find it hard to believe that they wont have strengthened enough this summer to mount a challenge, although I do feel they'll fall short of Chelsea and yourselves.
Fair comment

Cheesy said:
bluebrickroad said:
bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32865053

(sorry, I can't add the correct link - perhaps someone can help please?)

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32865053" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32865053</a>
They do what they want.......

Manchester_lalala said:
blue underpants said:

If they sign some top quality players, why can't they challenge?
That's not the point, though. It's the fact that he's shouting it from the rooftops in May. Are the that desperate to shift a few extra season tickets? Does Rooney really think Mourinho, Pellegrini and Wenger will all be quaking in their boots? Last week, their manager was all giddy about briefly getting into the race for 2nd, this week, their captain is spouting the big I Am (well, 'we are') like a drunken traveller, issuing threats at Ballinasloe Horse Fair.
All because they've gone yet another year without threatening for any trophy.
Small time fuckers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.