United thread 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manchester United are prepared to delay signing Sweden striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic until after 30 June so the 34-year-old can pick up a lucrative loyalty bonus for seeing out his Paris St-Germain contract. (Daily Telegraph)

When did they change the rules to allow transfers to go through officially before 1st July? All he had to do to pick up that bonus was stay in January and turn up for training.

When did they change the rules to allow transfers to go through officially before 1st July? All he had to do to pick up that bonus was stay in January and turn up for training.

They might not have done. If both clubs are happy, then they can make it happen easily enough (transfer becoming active as of 1 July, for example.

I July is in the middle of a tournament so doing anything then would actually mean 2-3 weeks later in some cases. Instead, they take the chance and have it sorted now.

They might not have done. If both clubs are happy, then they can make it happen easily enough (transfer becoming active as of 1 July, for example.

I July is in the middle of a tournament so doing anything then would actually mean 2-3 weeks later in some cases. Instead, they take the chance and have it sorted now.

The transfer still becomes active 1st July and he gets whatever loyalty bonuses he's due though regardless.

Normally my Facebook Newsfeed is full of rag gobshites banging on about summat or other.....strangely quiet over the last few days.
Anyone else getting this?
Think they getting worried.

My point was more along the lines that it's a fairly blatant case of a journalist talking bollocks to excuse the rags for something.

Oh, right. I think I see.
I don't think it's too much of an issue in the summer when there's no meaningful matches taking place, and in this case, when he's out of contract. City just signed Gundogan in June, didn't they?

I expect it's an agreement to buy on 1 July.

Oh, right. I think I see.
I don't think it's too much of an issue in the summer when there's no meaningful matches taking place, and in this case, when he's out of contract. City just signed Gundogan in June, didn't they?

I expect it's an agreement to buy on 1 July.

Yeah it was the tone I took exception to, that the scum were being so good and kind as to delay the transfer until after 30th June so that he could collect his bonus - it's not like they could sign him before and it's not like (if they'd actually agreed the deal) he'd lose the loyalty bonus if they announced it now.

Players (or manager) can enter a contract to sign for a club at a future date. It is a bit farcical but it does allow clubs / players to do deals ahead of a window opening and go off on holiday. The formal FA paperwork then goes through when the window opens.

We most likely have one with Gundogan and Pep – hence no one is worried. Rags had one with the Gouger but it was conditional – more like an option to employee him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.