United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think football celebrations are proportionate to your expectations. The rags didn't expect to beat Palace so, for them, it was a wank-worthy result notwithstanding that it means fuck all in the scheme of things.

That result last night wasn't as bad as is seems.
If they get 3,4 or 6 points from the next two games and we match or better it then we can win the league against them in the derby. If this happens I will believe there is a god!!

But it's all about keeping things in proportion and perspective, they, their fans and the commentators all celebrated like they'd just won a huge game of massive importance or beaten a local rival.... not scraping a fluky win against a relegation candidate.
They were right to celebrate. The are winning the ''Above Liverpool Cup''.

I'm really interested to see what happens at weekend, Liverpool are proberbly the most similar side to us in the league with regard to the press and lethal frontline. Knowing how PEG sets up he will not want to lose either game and so is likely to set up to defend first and worry about attacking on the break. To be fair by the time the Derby comes around he hay have to win the game to stay in the title race or at least to put it off for another week. However I can not see him going all out in either game.

I suspect the tactics and line up used against the dippers will be identical to what he puts out against us. This will give Pep a very good indication of what to expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.