United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there's still a quality player in there somewhere, but man, Sanchez looks absolutely lost. He's brought over the worst parts of his later Arsenal career with the running down blind alleys, constantly giving the ball away, and pressing on his own seemingly at random, but with none of the explosiveness that made him so devastating. The system doesn't flatter and whatever Mourinho is doing with him isn't working.
It amazes me that any attacking player wants to play for him. He can't coach attacking play at all. All he does is make a team organised and then hope that his best attacking players produce a bit of magic. And he hasn't even done the first half very well this season, given that they've conceded nearly twice as many shots on target as us, and just rely on their keeper to deal with them. Compared to the complex movement and interplay that Pep creates, it's lower-league stuff.

Spent about half an hour on the Caff..... my favourite thread was the ''Anti United media'' thread, including this classic!

They have their claws specifically into us and Arsenal. City are gods gift. They love Liverpool and Spurs despite them not winning anything recently. Chelsea it is mixed. Problem is there are a lot of ex-Liverpool players in the media or Liverpool supporting ex-footballers. They will never give us credit.
Fucking deluded

They have their big FA Cup final on this Saturday against Brighton , their biggest game of the season they are quick to point (LOL).

Mou is out of touch and fast running out of time and being exposed for the fraud he is.

Put him in charge of Stoke and they would already be down.

Fat Sam would do a better job at Manure (LOL).

Last edited:
One accepted untruth in football is Mourinho went to a shit Inter and won the cl through his sheer brilliance alone. Just take a quick google of that squad he got at Inter, it is a dream team almost. This was a fantastic team seriously under performing. If the Italians have one thing it is a deep tactical positional attitude to the game, add Mourinho to that and it is a match made in heaven. That squad had the skill and nouse to win a cl, they just needed direction which Mourinho gave.

At utd he has Pogba who takes up a very important position for his style. If you think of a bit of mechano you built as a kid that had some flexibility but could revert back to it's primary shape with ease. Pogba especially is a wayward hinge that stops that primary shape coming back together for example when they are being countered and need a solid defensive shape quick. Pogba is rarely where he should be in high tempo pieces of play and for Mourinho's percentage football this is a really big issue. It compromises everything when he relies on players being inch perfect ready to pounce and create a solid defensive barrier.

All that goes to say Mourinho has hurdles he could do without. As much as Woodward will have patted himself on the back for getting Pogba and getting very friendly calls of sponsors noting their pleasure at the deal. He has also placed obstacles in the managers way. Keeping Pogba happy but keeping him out the way of big matches without having a huge press thing kick off etc. It is almost a job in its self managing the dabber let alone the rest of the team. Matic bless his cotton socks is a decent player who has a mistake in him these days but over all is decent. He can see he needs to cover Pogba but simply does not have the legs for it, he never has had any really and what he did have are already gone.

Then you look elsewhere on the pitch and see no clear idea or structure anywhere else either really; that it is not just Pogba. Players bought simply to frustrate rivals at extreme expense; players stagnating when they should be really kicking on or at least finding some identity in their play, they are not. Their players look like they are at 100% just keeping their shit together on the pitch. How can they be expected to help out someone who is such a positionaly poor player in such a major position if they are barely keeping their own head above water?

They may be second but i think hey are going full steam ahead this season, the ducks feet can go no faster. Some here think you could give Pep that Utd squad and they would be where we are now; i don't think that is right.
Rashford is a very basic and limited player, Martial should have his face on the side of a milk carton, Mata is agar jelly, an inert base of blandness; Fellaini is just limited and tries his best; opta need a theodolite to get accurate stats on Matic with their keeper likely to be their player of the season for the 4th year running. They would be much better but i doubt they would be meeting us eye to eye, we have exceptional individual talents. Martial and Rashford will never be as good a pair as Sterling and Sane for example, they just don't have it in them. This is before we get to David Silva, KDB, fernandinho, Walker etc.

For a team that finds it's self in second i don't think they could ask for much more unless they did indeed have a Pep clone.

Sanchez is now being labelled a flop on the Caf. And they also can't understand who payed £89 million fir Pogba.

How they gloated when they signed these two.

WTF was Sanchez thinking off, ££££

They have their big FA Cup final on this Saturday against Brighton , their biggest game of the season they are quick to point (LOL).

Mou is out of touch and fast running out of time and being exposed for the fraud he is.

Put him in charge of Stoke and they would already be down.

Fat Sam would do a better job at Manure (LOL).

Dunk will score for the win 8-)

Just waking up from a dream...but it wasn't! Last night was the most laughter I've had in years l

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.