United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was on purpose, that's the bizarre thing. Woodward sees "marquee" signings as wonderful new platforms for increased shirt sales and dog food sponsorships and he's right, purely from a commercial point of view, the rags have such a huge global reach, that spectacular growth has become de-coupled from success on the field. That's why they're commercially more successful now than when Ferguson left.

How long can this continue? Well Woodward points to Liverpool, and global sports brands in the USA, and has come to the conclusion that as long as the rags are "thereabouts" the answer is indefinitely.

I think you are right. They have such a hold on support around the world that it will take a long, long time of winning trophies to break that hold. Just look at the Dippers, they haven’t won anything for years and they still have a huge support. Just hope our style of play will attract more and more supporters exponentially over the years.

It was on purpose, that's the bizarre thing. Woodward sees "marquee" signings as wonderful new platforms for increased shirt sales and dog food sponsorships and he's right, purely from a commercial point of view, the rags have such a huge global reach, that spectacular growth has become de-coupled from success on the field. That's why they're commercially more successful now than when Ferguson left.

How long can this continue? Well Woodward points to Liverpool, and global sports brands in the USA, and has come to the conclusion that as long as the rags are "thereabouts" the answer is indefinitely.

He meant the 'lar' part ;)

I think you are right. They have such a hold on support around the world that it will take a long, long time of winning trophies to break that hold. Just look at the Dippers, they haven’t won anything for years and they still have a huge support. Just hope our style of play will attract more and more supporters exponentially over the years.
And they both profit from tragedy...

Why did they vote against VAR again?

How he avoided any reds for Utd sums up how they are dealt with differently by the officials. I know he had a charge after one game but he could and should of had at least half a dozen reds for them

How he avoided any reds for Utd sums up how they are dealt with differently by the officials. I know he had a charge after one game but he could and should of had at least half a dozen reds for them

How he did`nt get a red for the assault on Coleman in the Everton is mind blowing.

Well it would be if I did`nt already think the game is as bent as fuck.

Has Maureen launched the fire sale yet? I’m sure Ed is working up his strategy to overpay for the reinforcements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.