United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to the club (I know, I know) it isn't an official club event but one "hosted" by Tony O'Neill a former hooligan and European games travel organiser, so making a tidy sum from fans seems to be his thing. Would be interested to know what his take of the proceedings are.
Equally can there be anyone alive who still requires support financially 60 years on?
If its NOT an official club event it makes it even worse, imo...held at an address which utilizes the name of matt busby
Why are the club allowing a non official event ,charging £1,000 per table,purporting to raise funds for The Munich Trust Foundation or whatever its called?
I wonder what o,neils cut is for arranging the event? And as you say who needs support 60 years later? Bobby Charlton??
I would hope these 80 yr old doctors can provide authenticity of their employment in 1958-that in itself may be very hard to do....

If its NOT an official club event it makes it even worse, imo...held at an address which utilizes the name of matt busby
Why are the club allowing a non official event ,charging £1,000 per table,purporting to raise funds for The Munich Trust Foundation or whatever its called?
I wonder what o,neils cut is for arranging the event? And as you say who needs support 60 years later? Bobby Charlton??
I would hope these 80 yr old doctors can provide authenticity of their employment in 1958-that in itself may be very hard to do....
It’s at the hotel football, as owned by Family Guy, the Neville’s, Butt and Scholes. The rags actually objected to the plans submitted by their ex-players saying it undermined the ‘holistic vision’ (oh how they laughed when City used that word) for its strategic plans for the area.
Also, the event details says ‘doctors from the hospital that treated the victims’ not doctors who treated the victims! Finally, it says fundraising dinner, with no mention of where any proceeds might be going. All sounds a bit ghoulish and a little bit sad.

Shouldn’t the club be raising funds and making sure the effected don’t fall on hard times? Don’t think so, the only time the club is interested is so they can charge their sponsors rights for their logo to appear on murals outside old Trafford.

Really poor taste this, why would anyone want to hear harrowing accounts of a tragedy for an evenings entertainment. surely they could have got together members of the team who went on to lift the European cup after they rebuilt the team.

This has to be a joke...... 100 quid to attend a ''fundraising'' dinner with a Q&A session with the doctors and nurses from Munich 60 years ago........ hosted by non other than Tony O' Neill
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/munich-air-disaster-fundraising-dinner-tickets-49601073145
Could get any fucker to say they were the doctors and nurses, he might get his gran and put an accent on and if you don't pay the red army will be waiting for you with Mr Eddie beef on the door :)

There is something really sad and distasteful about this fundraising event.
For a start ..its 60 years on from the disaster.assuming doctors /nurses were say 20 yrs old at the time,there will be no one under the age of 80 being dragged out of their retirement to peice together their memories of the time.How desperate is that..in the name of fundraising??
Have they used up every other idea to extract cash from the gullible red public..who dreamt this up??
Pathetic.i,d like to see the breakdown as to where the cash actually goes,other than the opaque clues given in the brochure..i mean who in their right mind would be interested in this...
Maybe i,m wrong ..and cash will go to families of ths munich dead who were kicked out of their club houses when if becsme apparent there was no need for them.
The 'no refunds' policy clearly stated at the end of the ad tells its own story...i interpret that as..."we are desperate for cash(despite being the biggest club in the world) and we know this is a rip off ,u know it too,so once you ve paid your not having your money back as we doubt there will be enough other takers to fill the tables"
Pathetic.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11413592/filing-history

The 2nd PDF.

From page 17 and the charity object is what you will be interested in. And by the looks of it, it’s not going to the families. I’ll read further

I won’t post what my opinion is.
Edit.
What’s that old adage saying “Charity Starts At.......”

While most of us would no doubt agree that Khaldoon does a good job and he's doing himself a bit of a disservice with that comment, he actually makes a very good point and it's surely one of the main reasons why United have struggled so much since Ferguson retired. They simply don't have any "football people" on the board which is criminal for a club of their size and resources. Charlton doesn't count for me because he's not up to speed with the modern game (although to be fair, it looks like he was bang on regarding Mourinho) and Ferguson - before his health scare - is clearly taking a back seat and not having any real say in things. No dount Woowar is great when it comes to securing commercial deals but when it comes to the football side of things he's clueless. Ditto the Glazers. Fucking hell, I'm sure most of us could walk into that club and tell them what they need. It's hardly rocket science but for some reason the powers that be at United can't seem to see it. Long may it continue!

Exactly, 1 person can’t do everything & great leader like Khaldoon knows that. We thought City were mad, told they were mad when they played a friendly after the season started against the best, we’ll organised business, footballing team at that time Barca.

Cheeky, Feran & Pep were identified at that moment & everything else is history.

Friendly, it was a benchmarking exercise of what the club needed to be the best in the world.

I wonder how much this group from the Class of 92 are aware of this disgrace?
Their hotel name is plastered all over it as if they are behind it.

Ryan sheep shagger Giggs believes they have the right manager, a fantastic manager and should stick with him, we agree keep him there for as long as possible
I think we agree he has had some really good results regarding trophies abroad but I think I am correct in saying they were with existing world class players who were already built as a team so he could quite easily tell them to do their own thing on the field of play.
He seems incapable of building his teams. At United this maybe because the players are not his choice so he is demonstrating their unsuitability but until they are stars of his choice in all positions he will not allow judgement of his success.
Nice work if you can get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.