United thread 2018/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Catch 22 for this lot now. Do they sack mourinho or do they ship out pogba

Pogba is a mass marketing tool nothing more - he is a glorified social media modern age footballer, all style no substance. But will the powers that be want to offload shirt sales etc etc

Mourinho - a manager with a track record of winning silverware, but is now behind the times in football terms. More recognised now as causing a shit storm. But who would they replace him with and who would take the job.

There is still a massive rebuilding job needed at the swamp and as mentioned above they may not have the ability to do this after the next big window if they dont get it right

Agreed. It's quite remarkable that this is the same guy whose players used to say they'd run through a brick wall for. Now he happily throws them all under the bus whenever something goes wrong.

As funny as his comments about Jones and Bailly were for us, it's a disgrace that he said that in public about his own players. They must all hate him.
Yep, if it wasn't Utd I'd feel sorry for those players, but it is so I'll laugh instead.

Interesting how his reputation has changed since Madrid, prior to that man management was meant to be his strongest suit.
He probably has changed as a person over the last six or seven years quite a lot.

He really does look like he's fallen out of love with the game, so perhaps he's playing the "sack me and pay me off" card. He's already worth around £40M, so it's not like he ever needs to work again
Not bad for a translator

He really does look like he's fallen out of love with the game, so perhaps he's playing the "sack me and pay me off" card. He's already worth around £40M, so it's not like he ever needs to work again
Not bad for a translator

He could probably do with a break to be honest. A couple of years off and relax might well help him.

I’m still amazed that the big spend didn’t happen this past summer. Even though Mourinho is poison they should have backed him all the way.

Pogba is a mass marketing tool nothing more - he is a glorified social media modern age footballer, all style no substance. But will the powers that be want to offload shirt sales etc etc

Mourinho - a manager with a track record of winning silverware, but is now behind the times in football terms. More recognised now as causing a shit storm. But who would they replace him with and who would take the job.

There is still a massive rebuilding job needed at the swamp and as mentioned above they may not have the ability to do this after the next big window if they dont get it right
BFS is joked about but could he do any worse than Gouge Boy? Lumping it up to Fellaini and Lukaku

Not bad for a translator

People like him often 'fall out of love' with whatever it is they do, when times get tough and hard work and/or adaptation is required; if they aren't willing to put in the effort, they will tend to stop whatever it is.

Says more about their character than anything else. So glad Peg never came to us.

I don't think it's a catch 22 at all, they just need to bite the bullet and cough up the £30m to sack Mourinho.

Pogba, Lukaku, Martial, Sanchez, Linedlof are all under performing. These are players who've shown they've got great potential or have performed at a much higher level under different managers.

Bring in a good manager, and United have the making of a squad which could be great. I still think it'd be a way off competing with us in last season's form, but it would be comfortably third place and give them a stable base to build from.

The great thing from our perspective though is they seem incapable of selecting a great manager and then giving them what they need, and by the time they do, half those potentially great players will be gone, or so far gone they might not get back to their best.

I wouldn't want them picking up Pochettino in the summer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.