United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like they are now calling Marital world class and worth a £100 million cos they beat some Danish no hopers in a second tier euro competition.

Usual BS. I will start to believe the hype for him and the likes of Fernandes when they do it regularly against top teams in the prem and CL. Until then it’s predictable hyperbole...

Love how Pogba is somehow getting a new contract. Not sure what he's done to earn one, besides going on strike for most of the season, then turning up for a handful of games to put in a few 6/10 performances. Must be worth 400k a week I reckon.

Really not sure I've ever seen a player with such a large gap between their reputation and their actual contribution.

Love how Pogba is somehow getting a new contract. Not sure what he's done to earn one, besides going on strike for most of the season, then turning up for a handful of games to put in a few 6/10 performances. Must be worth 400k a week I reckon.

Really not sure I've ever seen a player with such a large gap between their reputation and their actual contribution.
The fact that nobody else will pay the inflated fee it would take to sign him or match the wages he's earning at The Theatre of Wank might have something to do with it.
Overhyped show pony bleeding the Rags dry and long may it continue.
Sold for a million and bought back for 89 times that 4 years later
Widely referred to as Carlton Pogba for a good reason.

I think of Pogba as the ultimate modern United player. Came with a huge fee and very gifted physically, so he can obviously do all the ball tricks, ping long passes, and hit a long shot every so often. When things do come off they make for great highlights also so he looks amazing on the end of season reel. At the same time of course he goes missing a ton, is generally underachieving, and watching him you have the nagging sense that he would be so, so much better on an actual team. Add in the tenuous link to Alex Ferguson and a big following on social media and he's basically invaluable for them. They'd pay him whatever he wants.

The only comparable example I can think of is Andrew Ridgeley and Wham.

Credit to the rags for going after Twitters official account for their tweet about Phil Jones.

I think of Pogba as the ultimate modern United player. Came with a huge fee and very gifted physically, so he can obviously do all the ball tricks, ping long passes, and hit a long shot every so often. When things do come off they make for great highlights also so he looks amazing on the end of season reel. At the same time of course he goes missing a ton, is generally underachieving, and watching him you have the nagging sense that he would be so, so much better on an actual team. Add in the tenuous link to Alex Ferguson and a big following on social media and he's basically invaluable for them. They'd pay him whatever he wants.
Absolutely 100% rational statement. Well said!

You're forgetting Glauber Berti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.