United thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be at least an academy player on the bench for every match. Surely most teams in the world would have one in their first-team squads most of the time. We must have had at least one home-grown player in our squad for the last 40 years. It sounds like just another fake news claim.
I suspect it is correct (happy to be proved otherwise) if you imagine the Busby Babes and every game Ticket tout or Best or McCllroy through to Mike Duxbury, Mark Hughes, Clayton Blackmore and the class of 92, Wes Brown and Rashford.... Was remarkable when only one sub used, but less so now.

I know in my book Teenage Kicks I highlighted there was a 6 year spell for City when at least one of the players from City's 1986 Youth team was in the first team every game. I would say for he entire. 80's and 90's we would have done it. Prior to the youth cup win we had Andy May, Alex or Eric in goal, Steve Kinsey, Paul Power, Geoff Lomax.
After it there was Mike Sheron, David Brightwell, Michael Hughes, Richard Edghill, Margetson, Garry Flitcroft, the Whitley's, Lomas, Jordan, Rae Ingram etc.

I suspect it is correct (happy to be proved otherwise) if you imagine the Busby Babes and every game Ticket tout or Best or McCllroy through to Mike Duxbury, Mark Hughes, Clayton Blackmore and the class of 92, Wes Brown and Rashford.... Was remarkable when only one sub used, but less so now.

I know in my book Teenage Kicks I highlighted there was a 6 year spell for City when at least one of the players from City's 1986 Youth team was in the first team every game. I would say for he entire. 80's and 90's we would have done it. Prior to the youth cup win we had Andy May, Alex or Eric in goal, Steve Kinsey, Paul Power, Geoff Lomax.
After it there was Mike Sheron, David Brightwell, Michael Hughes, Richard Edghill, Margetson, Garry Flitcroft, the Whitley's, Lomas, Jordan, Rae Ingram etc.

I’m pretty sure I proved this to be fake. If I recall correctly I identified games where the only young player was John O’Shea who they bought from an Irish team and never played youth football for them.

11v11.com lists every game and line up if anyone has a spare hour or two.

In fact post 406 Here...
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/united-thread-2014-15.302775/page-41#post-7920083

Edit this is the game. Who is the youth player here? Or have I missed one?
https://www.11v11.com/matches/arsenal-v-manchester-united-01-may-2011-294558/

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m pretty sure I proved this to be fake. If I recall correctly I identified games where the only young player was John O’Shea who they bought from an Irish team and never played youth football for them.

11v11.com lists every game and line up if anyone has a spare hour or two.

In fact post 406 Here...
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/united-thread-2014-15.302775/page-41#post-7920083

Edit this is the game. Who is the youth player here? Or have I missed one?
https://www.11v11.com/matches/arsenal-v-manchester-united-01-may-2011-294558/
Excellent detective work - time to counter those rag lies.....

No Chris, United drew and dropped 2 points at home to Everton.

Obviously last weeks cup final victory at City took it out if the kids.

Chris Wheeler, Daily Mail.

The pieces are finally starting to fall into place for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as Manchester United's young guns dig in to earn a draw against Everton

The pieces are finally starting to fall into place for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as Manchester United's young guns dig in to earn a draw against Everton

They were at home to a side with no manager and trying to avoid falling into the bottom 3. The Worlds best goalkeeper jumped for a corner missed it and it hit the defender to go in for an OG
and he thinks the pieces are starting to fall into place ! What kind of jigsaw is Olly doing ?

Fantastic piece of spin is that,you’d think it was a top of the table clash,these Guttersnipes would be hammering us if we drew with Everton at home (no disrespect to Everton of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.