United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened with Nicky Butt? He’s left his position according to sly.
Hell not be the first to go.
Pardon the pun but this murtough lad likes to kick butt.

He's now Ole's boss. I wouldn't be surprised if Fletcher was a bit of a shit stirrer too.

I did the Swamp tour after a course with GM Fire Brigade who announced it as if it was sort of great treat. After the bench we were taken to the dressing room where the guide solemnly pointed out Schmeichels two seats saying that he wanted two seats and nobody dared tell him otherwise. I never said a word but the guide asked if l was a Blue (must have been the look of derision of my face) and the rest if the tour continued with less of the bullshit. He must have thought was going to pull him up on the lies and exaggeration.
As if l would.

I did the Swamp tour after a course with GM Fire Brigade who announced it as if it was sort of great treat. After the bench we were taken to the dressing room where the guide solemnly pointed out Schmeichels two seats saying that he wanted two seats and nobody dared tell him otherwise. I never said a word but the guide asked if l was a Blue (must have been the look of derision of my face) and the rest if the tour continued with less of the bullshit. He must have thought was going to pull him up on the lies and exaggeration.
As if l would.
Did a similar tour in the late 2000's like you through work (Funnily enough also with the fire service)
The guide started off giving us the figures for the number of supporters around the world, topping it off with the total number of football fans around the globe who have Untied down as their 2nd favourite club = the mythical 657 million rags....
I gave a little chuckle and casually asked where the figures were gathered from. She looked at me and said "A Blue?" and one of our party replied "a bitter one yes!"
And like your guide, didnt come out with much more rag propaganda that I could question

Did a similar tour in the late 2000's like you through work (Funnily enough also with the fire service)
The guide started off giving us the figures for the number of supporters around the world, topping it off with the total number of football fans around the globe who have Untied down as their 2nd favourite club = the mythical 657 million rags....
I gave a little chuckle and casually asked where the figures were gathered from. She looked at me and said "A Blue?" and one of our party replied "a bitter one yes!"
And like your guide, didnt come out with much more rag propaganda that I could question
When my lad was about 12 he came flying out of school full of anger and as hyped up as you could be. All I could get out of him was I had to speak to the teacher, it was wrong, no way should it be allowed and they couldn't make him go.
When I calmed him down it turned out the school was doing some European thing and as the Rags were in Europe they were being taken to the swamp ....
I spoke to the teacher and my son and several others, all Blues, didn't go.
I was so proud of him.

Last edited:
I gave a little chuckle and casually asked where the figures were gathered from. She looked at me and said "A Blue?" and one of our party rreplied "a bitter one yes!"
I don't know if you had been shown the Bradford City fire. l saw the full extent of it for the first time and found it shocking. After seeing what happened to those life long fans of the Terriers many pensioners, just dying in front of the cameras it seems totally inappropriate that the tour guides spout out that boastful bollocks about plastic alleged fans around the world in a tour just after that video.
Just like Liverpool - totally tasteless and shameless despite their own disasters.

I don't know if you had been shown the Bradford City fire. l saw the full extent of it for the first time and found it shocking. After seeing what happened to those life long fans of the Terriers many pensioners, just dying in front of the cameras it seems totally inappropriate that the tour guides spout out that boastful bollocks about plastic alleged fans around the world in a tour just after that video.
Just like Liverpool - totally tasteless and shameless despite their own disasters.
I have seen it, but not in connection with the day we did the tour.

e
When my lad was about 12 he came flying out of school full of anger and as hyped up as you could be. All I could get out of him was I had to speak to the teacher, it was wrong, no way should it be allowed and they couldn't make him.
When I calmed him down it turned out the school was doing some European thing and as the Rags were in Europe.....
I spoke to the teacher and my son and several others, all Blues, didn't go.
I was so proud of him.
I took my dad and my two lads to Manchester Crem. As usual after we had visited my mum we went next door to Southern Cemetery to look at the graves of people dad had known and other people including Sir Matt Busby.
My eldest then aged about 5 rushed up and started jumping on the red scarves on the plot and headstone. We had to stop him pretty sharpish. He did not understand about respect for the dead but having spoken to him, l have to admit a sense of pride at his reaction to red scarves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.