United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glazer to meet rags via zoom at 17:00 Florida time....

He will be speaking directly to the chair of the Beijing supporters club.

Money is money wherever it comes from.
How is money from a Korean noodle sponsor more 'earned' than the sponsorships City have gained? BTW, if we win the CL, will not our 'earned' money shoot up a long, long way?
Rags are just bitter. They want to be on top of the tree again. They think it's theirs by divine right.

The City thread on rag cafe is a joy to behold playing down Pep’s achievements because of the money spent. I would imagine the same posters are upset that the Glazers should be spending even more money on United to add to the billion quid spent to win the Europa League.
And when people raise about how little difference there is between our spend and the Rags they always come up with the argument that we had a much better squad full of world class players where they needed a full rebuild.

However if anyone cares to look at their thread below after Pep and Peg's first season you can see they didn't think so at the time, it was only when they turned to shit that they started trotting out this line

Which of the Top 6 Teams Has the Strongest Squad for the 2017/2018 Season? Manchester United? | RedCafe.net

Just a few quotes from the first page alone:
Man Utd
Definitely us.
I think it's close between us and City with Chelsea creeping in too.
Pound for pound balance wise probably United.
Us and City. But I would go for us as it seems we have better defensive cover.
One thing I would say is our depth stands out, but the quality of the top 6 is fairly similar across the board. A lot will depend on the star players and the solidity of the defences. Maybe injuries too.
City or us. This may be biased, but I'd give us a slight edge, as City's big question marks are in the spine of their team, while ours are caused more by width. In general, I'll side with the team that has the better G-CBs-CMs-#9 combo. All teams but Arsenal can realistically challenge for the title. I'd probably go.
We do. City's defense is suspect and they lack bite in midfield
United have the most balanced squad out of the contending teams topped with José as manager which is hard to bet against.
City lack a good centre-back and a defensive midfielder to be considered as the best. Chelsea has a very good squad, probably needing just someone else instead of Drinkwater in the middle (Matic). Spurs are solid, but mentally weak.
So I would say it's between us and Chelsea.

And when people raise about how little difference there is between our spend and the Rags they always come up with the argument that we had a much better squad full of world class players where they needed a full rebuild.

However if anyone cares to look at their thread below after Pep and Peg's first season you can see they didn't think so at the time, it was only when they turned to shit that they started trotting out this line

Which of the Top 6 Teams Has the Strongest Squad for the 2017/2018 Season? Manchester United? | RedCafe.net

Just a few quotes from the first page alone:
Man Utd
Definitely us.
I think it's close between us and City with Chelsea creeping in too.
Pound for pound balance wise probably United.
Us and City. But I would go for us as it seems we have better defensive cover.
One thing I would say is our depth stands out, but the quality of the top 6 is fairly similar across the board. A lot will depend on the star players and the solidity of the defences. Maybe injuries too.
City or us. This may be biased, but I'd give us a slight edge, as City's big question marks are in the spine of their team, while ours are caused more by width. In general, I'll side with the team that has the better G-CBs-CMs-#9 combo. All teams but Arsenal can realistically challenge for the title. I'd probably go.
We do. City's defense is suspect and they lack bite in midfield
United have the most balanced squad out of the contending teams topped with José as manager which is hard to bet against.
City lack a good centre-back and a defensive midfielder to be considered as the best. Chelsea has a very good squad, probably needing just someone else instead of Drinkwater in the middle (Matic). Spurs are solid, but mentally weak.
So I would say it's between us and Chelsea.
They make you laugh, don’t they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.