United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh there’s no denying they’ve wasted a lot of money over the years. I was talking purely about Ole being given a bit of leniency because despite the millions they’ve spent there’s still some glaring frailties and they obviously don’t seem to trust Ole to spend it wisely. His signings have been fine - Wan Bissaka, Maguire, Fernandes, have all strengthened Utd but they need much more which means spending more still.

Have they though..?

I mean, spending £50 million on a full back, ridiculous.. who spends that sort of money on a fullback..?

Poor signing to date for me, doesn't defend very well and not much cop going forward..

Compaired to Valencia and Young, their previous fullbacks, it's not too difficult to claim he's improved them in that position..

Doesn't mean much though..

Maguire has been a disaster .. £85 million, eighty five f'kin million pounds ..

Slow, no positional play, can't pass, crap defender, can't hold his beer and tells lies..

The Portuguese diver, hawked all over Europe for 2 seasons with no takers, tells you all you need to know about him ..

Scores penalties which have on the whole been fraudulently obtained, other than that, offers nothing to the team,.

Can't stay on his feet, feins injury and cheats..

Perfect fit for the rags so I can understand why they snapped him up ..

Those 3 = around £165 million..

All 3 not worth a carrot..

The Paperboy doesn't buy the players btw, do you think those wonderful Glaziers would trust him with their millions ffs..?

They wouldn't trust him to find his way to the shop with £4 coins wrapped up in a note for a pint of milk, loaf of bread, tin of beans and a packet of swizzles ffs ..!

He's just a front man for the hordes of unwashed who cling onto that magical night, under the lights in Barcelona..

He's a distant link to when they used to be relevant.

He couldn't hack it at Cardiff who fcuked him off pronto..

He only won the league with mouldy because the opposition consisted of elves, reindeer, snowmen and a fat bloke, dressed in red with a big white beard who always seemed to be absent for the Christmas fixtures..

They've thrown hundreds and hundreds of millions at it to try and fix what's gone..

They're fcuked and everyone knows it..!

What a f"kin shame..!

Last edited:
Oh there’s no denying they’ve wasted a lot of money over the years. I was talking purely about Ole being given a bit of leniency because despite the millions they’ve spent there’s still some glaring frailties and they obviously don’t seem to trust Ole to spend it wisely. His signings have been fine - Wan Bissaka, Maguire, Fernandes, have all strengthened Utd but they need much more which means spending more still.

Wan Bissaka is useless on the ball, Maguire is average, Fernandes has had an impact but lets see if he can carry on doing it. The rags have a habit of signing players lauded as world class after a dozen games only to be dragged into the pit of mediocrity by the rest of the rabble.

BBC gossip column, the rags considering taking up a 1 year option to extend Lingard's contract in order to protect his £25M valuation, hahaha. Lingard £25M, oh my sides, hahaha.

Penalty count - 2 games 1 pen.

what’s the guess by end of the season. Mine is 22 in all comps

Early days yet even we've had a penalty.

They have to keep the numbers down early in the season so that they can give them as required once they see how the season is panning out. Everyone could see what was going on last year so they'll only break last season's record if they have to.

My guess is 20.

Have they though..?

I mean, spending £50 million on a full back, ridiculous.. who spends that sort of money on a fullback..?

Poor signing to date for me, doesn't defend very well and not much cop going forward..

Compaired to Valencia and Young, their previous fullbacks, it's not too difficult to claim he's improved them in that position..

Doesn't mean much though..

Maguire has been a disaster .. £85 million, eighty five f'kin million pounds ..

Slow, no positional play, can't pass, crap defender, can't hold his beer and tells lies..

The Portuguese diver, hawked all over Europe for 2 seasons with no takers, tells you all you need to know about him ..

Scores penalties which have on the whole been fraudulently obtained, other than that, offers nothing to the team,.

Can't stay on his feet, feins injury and cheats..

Perfect fit for the rags so I can understand why they snapped him up ..

Those 3 = around £165 million..

All 3 not worth a carrot..

The Paperboy doesn't buy the players btw, do you think those wonderful Glaziers would trust him with their millions ffs..?

They wouldn't trust him to find his way to the shop with £4 coins wrapped up in a note for a pint of milk, loaf of bread, tin of beans and a packet of swizzles ffs ..!

He's just a front man for the hordes of unwashed who cling onto that magical night, under the lights in Barcelona..

He's a distant link to when they used to be relevant.

He couldn't hack it at Cardiff who fcuked him off pronto..

He only won the league with mouldy because the opposition consisted of elves, reindeer, snowmen and a fat bloke, dressed in red with a big white beard who always seemed to be absent for the Christmas fixtures..

They've thrown hundreds and hundreds of millions at it to try and fix what's gone..

They're fcuked and everyone knows it..!

What a f"kin shame..!
Hahaha, nice post.

Will agree Wan Bissaka is close to useless going forward, certainly wouldn't suit City, but you can't say he isn't good defensively. It's not too often wide players get the better of him. Definite upgrade on what they've had playing there before. Yes £50m is a lot of money, but good signing for me.

Wouldn't say Maguire's been a disaster, again paid well over the odds, again an upgrade on what they've had previously, I appreciate he's not up against a lot in Jones, Smalling, Rojo, etc. Improved the XI.

Fernandes transformed them last season, small sample size (and yes he's not shy to take a dive) but so far has been a very good addition.

I'm not suggesting Ole necessarily holds full sway on the transfers, but the players that have been signed during his tenure have been fairly decent. You can look at it in a "I hate Utd and everything they do is s**t", or you can look at it from an actual football perspective. He does look a 'yes' man for the Glazers and Woodward, the thing is he's trying to keep hold of his job, hence the leniency as he's doing so with his arms tied. Not defending him, it's just how it is, think tactically he's pretty average aswell.

It really isn't looked good for them at all, I don't disagree, a lot of my Utd pals are fearing the worst, and that's glorious!

Wan Bissaka is useless on the ball, Maguire is average, Fernandes has had an impact but lets see if he can carry on doing it. The rags have a habit of signing players lauded as world class after a dozen games only to be dragged into the pit of mediocrity by the rest of the rabble.

Wan Bissaka - Useless on the ball - Agreed
Maguire - Average - Think he's better than that
Fernandes - Has had an impact, etc - Agree, thought he transformed them last season but it's a small sample size, can he show that consistency across the entirety of this season.
Won't disagree with your last sentence either.

Do you not agree that all three improved the side from the players in those positions previously ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.