United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you think the players they've replaced were superior players, then that's your opinion.

Are you suggesting they have improved as a team when the points tally showed they haven't.

Your coming over as a rag fanboy tbh, don't know who you support but blowing smoke up the arse of average rag players is strange behaviour for a blue.

You asked if they improved the side, not if they were better/superior players.

The "points total" stats quoted kinda show that they didn't really have much of an impact on results overall.

My opinion, FWIW, is that the new players are better in certain aspects of their game but worse in other aspects

ie - Wan Bissaka is a better defender but adds less of an attacking threat than Young/ex wigan bloke who's name escapes me
Breeze Block head may well be a better all round defender than Smalling/Jones but has just as many unforced errors in him that it's pretty much a like for like swap.
Goofy has some skill but appears to have "polar" games (great or invisible when he's not up for it, no in between)

No real change, IMO.
Ok, that’s a fair point to be fair. You’re right that superior players don’t necessarily make the team stronger, I’ll accept that. However, I think if you ask the majority of Utd fans they would prefer the players Ole has signed over the players whose places they’ve taken. I do take on board the fact that in terms of points there hasn’t been an immediate improvement, I think that’s more down to the obvious deficiencies in other areas rather than the new players not strengthening the squad.

This all emanated from reasons why Ole is being given some leniency from the likes of Gary Neville. Personally I think he looks out of his depth as manager at Utd, I do though think his transfers have been better than some of their other managers, and he does have his hands tied to an extent with Woodward.

Are you suggesting they have improved as a team when the points tally showed they haven't.

Your coming over as a rag fanboy tbh, don't know who you support but blowing smoke up the arse of average rag players is strange behaviour for a blue.

Blowing smoke up the arse ?? By saying they’re better players than they’ve previously had ?? A rag fanboy ?? I mean really, you don’t have to say “Utd are shit, they’re all shit, and always will be“ in order to be a real blue!! I‘ve left school so those kind of debates are a long time ago for me.

Blowing smoke up the arse ?? By saying they’re better players than they’ve previously had ?? A rag fanboy ?? I mean really, you don’t have to say “Utd are shit, they’re all shit, and always will be“ in order to be a real blue!! I‘ve left school so those kind of debates are a long time ago for me.
You asked if they had improved the team, I showed they haven't with the pts totals but you carry on fighting the corner that Maguire and Wan-Bissaka are top players.

You asked if they had improved the team, I showed they haven't with the pts totals but you carry on fighting the corner that Maguire and Wan-Bissaka are top players.
See my comments above about the points total, etc.

I haven’t anywhere said Maguire and Wan Bissaka are top players, so not too sure where you got that from. I’ve maintained all along that in my opinion they’re an upgrade on the players they had. Not sure you can say because their points tally didn’t improve they’re not better players than what they previously had.

See my comments above about the points total, etc.

I haven’t anywhere said Maguire and Wan Bissaka are top players, so not too sure where you got that from. I’ve maintained all along that in my opinion they’re an upgrade on the players they had. Not sure you can say because their points tally didn’t improve they’re not better players than what they previously had.

It's not that long ago the sheep thought Pogba was WC, I know utd fans who think both Maguire and Wan-Bissaka are bobbins and worth nowhere near what they cost. Are they really upgrade's for the money spent? For me they are not, you can argue they are marginally better, and not "top players" but for a combined fee of about £125M before add-ons, I'd want much better before calling them upgrade's. If they are upgrade's then I hope they keep upgrading like that.

You asked if they improved the side, not if they were better/superior players.

The "points total" stats quoted kinda show that they didn't really have much of an impact on results overall.

My opinion, FWIW, is that the new players are better in certain aspects of their game but worse in other aspects

ie - Wan Bissaka is a better defender but adds less of an attacking threat than Young/ex wigan bloke who's name escapes me
Breeze Block head may well be a better all round defender than Smalling/Jones but has just as many unforced errors in him that it's pretty much a like for like swap.
Goofy has some skill but appears to have "polar" games (great or invisible when he's not up for it, no in between)

No real change, IMO.
Dave Whelan?? Broke his leg at Wembley as far as I know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.