United thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Glazers are on the brink financially. United had to borrow money in March (before Covid kicked in) just to pay wages. The club is in a terrible state. The bad news is that this will probably lead to a takeover bid before Christmas. And my money is on the Newcastle Saudi group coming back in for United. You can be sure the PL will smooth their pathway not block them like last time.
This is mostly speculation for my part but I just have a gut feeling. The financial crisis has been well documented and reported by United fan blogs. The media coverage of the Sancho saga is probably just fake news, perhaps a smokescreen put out by the Rags PR.
It's a great time to be a City or Liverpool fan when you look at the financial situations at United, Real Madrid, and Barcelona..the self-claimed biggest clubs in the world. It's a huge news story but don't expect any of the biased UK football media to cover it.
To bring back a classic BM gif...
rags.gif

The Glazers are on the brink financially. United had to borrow money in March (before Covid kicked in) just to pay wages. The club is in a terrible state. The bad news is that this will probably lead to a takeover bid before Christmas. And my money is on the Newcastle Saudi group coming back in for United. You can be sure the PL will smooth their pathway not block them like last time.
This is mostly speculation for my part but I just have a gut feeling. The financial crisis has been well documented and reported by United fan blogs. The media coverage of the Sancho saga is probably just fake news, perhaps a smokescreen put out by the Rags PR.
It's a great time to be a City or Liverpool fan when you look at the financial situations at United, Real Madrid, and Barcelona..the self-claimed biggest clubs in the world. It's a huge news story but don't expect any of the biased UK football media to cover it.
The thing is what would new owners achieve coming in?
By that I mean it's not like utd are in the bottom three and haven't won the league for decades, when we got took over it was to get us back on the football map and regenerate the club and surrounding areas.

They can't do anything with the stadium to add to capacity, the ground is falling apart by all accounts.

Whoever buys utd, IF someone does, then it'll be purely for financial gain and not what goes on the pitch, in other words it'll just be like having the glazers in again.

Suspension of fans returning to stadiums has put the final nail in the Sancho deal IMO.
Their Matchday revenue is 110m, so glad we play in at the Emptihad ;)

Think our match day revenue is 50m!
Liverpool Arsenal Spurs and rags going to lost and awful lot more money than us.

The thing is what would new owners achieve coming in?
By that I mean it's not like utd are in the bottom three and haven't won the league for decades, when we got took over it was to get us back on the football map and regenerate the club and surrounding areas.

They can't do anything with the stadium to add to capacity, the ground is falling apart by all accounts.

Whoever buys utd, IF someone does, then it'll be purely for financial gain and not what goes on the pitch, in other words it'll just be like having the glazers in again.
But if a Saudi consortium came in they would have very deep pockets to invest and in the longer-term would make huge profits. The Manchester United brand is one of the strongest in the world (not just sport). It is a licence to print money especially with the rise of digital technology. We are just years away from clubs selling broadcast packages as digital season tickets etc. Our owner has trebled the value of his investments in City in a decade but United is an even bigger cash cow. The longer the Glazers hang on the better. They are potless and can't afford to invest.
Despite all the fake "sportswashing" stories business orgnaisations in all Gulf states have got to diversify and move away from relying on oil revenues to survive. Football clubs with large global fanbases are still good places to make money or, in the cases of some Russian-owned clubs, to launder money!

But if a Saudi consortium came in they would have very deep pockets to invest and in the longer-term would make huge profits. The Manchester United brand is one of the strongest in the world (not just sport). It is a licence to print money especially with the rise of digital technology. We are just years away from clubs selling broadcast packages as digital season tickets etc. Our owner has trebled the value of his investments in City in a decade but United is an even bigger cash cow. The longer the Glazers hang on the better. They are potless and can't afford to invest.
Despite all the fake "sportswashing" stories business orgnaisations in all Gulf states have got to diversify and move away from relying on oil revenues to survive. Football clubs with large global fanbases are still good places to make money or, in the cases of some Russian-owned clubs, to launder money!

Believe me, you can get a much better return on your 2-3Bn than Utd, especially while the world is in crisis.

United watcher I work with who's desperately trying to keep his son a red , says to me what would you rather win the treble of the domestic 4 , me the D4 as NOBIDY in England has ever done that you've done the treble already, his face when I said the Pisscan said what we did wasnt possible , over to you Pep .

When they take a sponsor for the swamp name it'll be getting close to shit/fan time.

I can't help feeling they'd be much closer to being right in the shit if they'd fairly missed out on CL football. Maybe keeping the dog twitching rather than letting it die is however a good thing and keeps uncle malcs spawn at the helm rather than some party with money or a plan.

I know but they are a shitstain of a club with mardarses for fans. Woodward is a money man not a football man like Gill, the longer he stays the more chuckles he provides for us.

In terms of assets Stretford ain't exactly overburdened. The ground is frankly shabby and infested with vermin. They've also got a rat problem too Haha! As a 'proper' club even in their glory years they've done f**k all for the local area which is and always will be a tip. What have they provided for the local community?

The team 'clinched' 4th place last season thanks to corruption and ineptitude on a hitherto unprecedented scale. Will that happen again? Seems unlikely but as PIGMOB would say anything's possible.

Their forwards are pacey with some ability. They're a long old way behind ours though. But Poggy at £90m Slabhead for the same Arron Wanksack Phil the Face and Mr Doughnut... Bucket loads of money for players who'll prove pretty difficult to make anything back on.

The grasping cash counting American owners have invested record amounts for Poggy and Slab as well as many others. Now the cupboard's bare. I sense a field day for human rights enthusiasts when these tests are put up for sale. They're rather like that ubiquitous piece of dogshit you find on a street corner. Just cross the road and avoid.

Hope the secrets from the reign of terror start dripping out. Once the first few come out the dam will come flooding down. Oh dear, how sad ;-)))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.