United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let them throw money at it. Let them throw lots and lots of money at it. This is not a quick fix.

As a football club they are so far behind us in every department that I cannot ever see it changing. Because what Pep has done is introduce a whole new sport to the world, he has turned football into a work of art. He is a footballing genius whose influence will still be felt on the game many many years after his death.

Not many can say that.

A few years back the critics of Pulis, Fat Sam, Dyche etc, were nowhere near as vociferous as they are today. Yes, they got stick for their pub-type hoofball (and thankfully still do), but fans tolerated it. Then Pep came along and now fans want to see their clubs playing out from the back, too. They want to see the ball on the ground, they want to see gifted players on the pitch entertaining everyone with their skills, passing and moving, closing the opposition down, etc.
We, as City fans, have been spoiled for a long time. We've seen the 'beautiful game', we've watched the technical wizardry of some of the world's finest players...and still are.
Fans have had enough of that long-ball stuff that was very much in evidence last night. Why should they pay good money to watch a glorified pub team just hoof the ball up the field every time?

Watching 90 minutes of a Pep team firing on all cylinders is worth paying for. Watching that insipid dross from last night isn't.

Goldbridge talking about the 99 Champions League game.....
"... and then there was 1999 - a game I witnessed myself, in a pub, in Dublin"
Ha ha ha ha ha ha

Probably lies he was in a pub in Dublin, how old was he, eleven? Celebrating with a bottle of Panda cola?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.