United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a double edged sword for a number of reasons. American investment is usually for the profits, so they will buy for a certain amount and sell in the future for a profit. They are only in it for the cash returns.

Middle Eastern investment is totally different, as they will provide unlimited funds and expect nothing financial in return, as they don't need the money. So what is in it for them?

They can get their brands advertised globally. They can improve their reputation globally, which increases investment in their countries. Yes, we might not have the same traditions or laws as the West, but look at what we can do as well. It is like cancelling out the bad by providing lots of good things as well.

Regardless of fans & journalists opinions, there is literally nothing that anyone can do to stop it. They are up for sale and the highest bidder wins. Jim Radcliffe could even buy them and suddenly go full steam ahead for a European super league.

They are literally bent over a barrel, with their pants round their ankles, waiting for someone to enter the room. As far as I am concerned, they will get shafted one way or another. Be it financially or by reputation.
Completely disagree there fella. To put it simply, the main difference for me is long term investment vs quick profit

Why do you think it’s about brand advertising instead of diversification of funds & industry in the Middle East to ensure their money doesn’t ‘dry up’ so to speak?

Oh & the ‘what’s in it for them’ question….exactly the same as investors from Europe, Australasia, Asia, The Americas etc, which is to make even more money

Why do you think investors from different parts of the world don’t want a return on their investment?

Bizarre thinking on your part bud

It's a double edged sword for a number of reasons. American investment is usually for the profits, so they will buy for a certain amount and sell in the future for a profit. They are only in it for the cash returns.

Middle Eastern investment is totally different, as they will provide unlimited funds and expect nothing financial in return, as they don't need the money. So what is in it for them?

They can get their brands advertised globally. They can improve their reputation globally, which increases investment in their countries. Yes, we might not have the same traditions or laws as the West, but look at what we can do as well. It is like cancelling out the bad by providing lots of good things as well.

Regardless of fans & journalists opinions, there is literally nothing that anyone can do to stop it. They are up for sale and the highest bidder wins. Jim Radcliffe could even buy them and suddenly go full steam ahead for a European super league.

They are literally bent over a barrel, with their pants round their ankles, waiting for someone to enter the room. As far as I am concerned, they will get shafted one way or another. Be it financially or by reputation.
Miguel is that you?

Completely disagree there fella. To put it simply, the main difference for me is long term investment vs quick profit

Why do you think it’s about brand advertising instead of diversification of funds & industry in the Middle East to ensure their money doesn’t ‘dry up’ so to speak?

Oh & the ‘what’s in it for them’ question….exactly the same as investors from Europe, Australasia, Asia, The Americas etc, which is to make even more money

Why do you think investors from different parts of the world don’t want a return on their investment?

Bizarre thinking on your part bud

Do you think that if you totted up all the billions that were required over that long period of time, that they would see a return on investment if they ever wanted to sell up? I don't see it as that sort of investment. I mean, it is very visible if you look around.

For me, the ownership and sponsorship is irrefutably linked. And that inflates the value somewhat, because is pays for the current staff that would make the club attractive to potential buyers. But when you remove both elements, the value quickly plummets. Like ADUG, the Glazers were in cahoots with all those American sponsors AIG, AON and Chevrolet. Some of those deals were astronomical.

The future of football is not who has the deepest pockets, it's who has the biggest sponsors in their pockets. That's going to be the only 'legal' way to stay at the top.

Or build the worlds biggest stadium and and try and get more income from that. FFP is driving us towards a European super league.

Sky sports just now creaming themselves saying if Qatar buy the scum not only will they invest in the team and the swamp. They will also invest in Manchester. Have they ever even mentioned what our owners have done for Manchester in all the years they’ve been here? The positive press Qatar has suddenly begun to get is astounding!

Do you think that if you totted up all the billions that were required over that long period of time, that they would see a return on investment if they ever wanted to sell up? I don't see it as that sort of investment
Yes, absolutely

Sorry mate, I don’t think you have a clue what you’re talking about

Having said that, I’m no finance person, so I’m sure someone who does know what they’re talking about will soon correct one of us (don’t think it will be me they correct tho)

Yes, absolutely

Sorry mate, I don’t think you have a clue what you’re talking about

Having said that, I’m no finance person, so I’m sure someone who does know what they’re talking about will soon correct one of us (don’t think it will be me they correct tho)

Since the takeover, the owners have spent 2.1bn

Forbes currently value the club at 2.9bn

So yes, currently in profit. Although, how much of this value is directly linked to the potential capital from Abu Dhabi investment? Also, add another 300 million on for stadium expansion and player recruitment in the summer.

Anyway, this is the wrong thread for this conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.