United Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
This on twitter sums up their sense of entitlement. Moaning about a 45 million net spend. Can you imagine if they were actually in profit from the transfer window like us.
This time last year they were claiming to win the league after 75 million Sancho, 25 million and 800k a week PR7, 40 million Varane and numerous other signings

“We're playing Brighton in the next 3 days and we have only spent £45m net after having our worst season in over 30yrs. How the club hasn't accelerated transfers like other top clubs is beyond belief. The more things change the more they stay the same.”

On anothet note, anyone else find it extremely tasteless they named their protest group as The 1958
Wonder why they don't have a 1902 group when they were formed, similar to Citys 1894 group.
Probably doesn't suit their history letting people know when their name actually came into existence.

I think the Chevy sponsorship was aimed at the Asian audience.
Prospective sponsors are asking: Is there an area of the globe where people are compelled to watch televised football on a Thursday?

Didn't they pull out of Asia too? I know for a fact they closed their factories in Thailand and stopped selling here .....

Doubt it, Chevrolet has hardly any presence in Asia.
Wasn’t that deal to sponsor United done by a market exec in the states who was subsequently sacked?
I believe it was supposed to raise market awareness of Chevrolet in Asia to help with sales by association with a brand with influence in that market. No idea if the executive was sacked but their timing was crap.

Chevrolet had no interest in Europe when they started sponsorship with the rags, it was always about the Asian markets.
Chevrolet last interest finished in Europe when they sold Vauxhall Motors and Opel 3 years ago, also been closing plants in Detroit for years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.