United Thread - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im always careful not to judge "FKW's" after past experience....

I was once in the bakery in Hollingworth, there was a chubby bloke in front of me in the queue wearing a full City tracksuit which I thought was a bit sad for an adult, especially for a bloke who didn't exactly look particularly athletic.

It was only when he turned to leave I realised it was Andy Morrison, on his way home to Huddersfield after training!

Yes, it’s additional shares so will increase his equity to 29%, making him the highest single owner of United, although Glazers as a collective hold the most.

It should provide a bit of a flutter in the summer, probably only similar to others but they would have had to slow down otherwise.

Might well choose to hold it and wait to see if they have a new manager Ten bob’s record is far from great.
Sounds like the scum have found some of Barcas levers.

Simon Stone, ladies and gentlemen:

"BBC Sport understands an agreement has been reached between the two clubs that would allow Sancho to re-join his old club for the rest of the season.

However, there are contractual and financial issues around the deal that still require tidying up."

So, all agreed apart from the contractual and financial issues then. Excellent journalism.

Last edited:
Surely they're in a no-win situation with him?

Without an extension he becomes a free agent and can leave for nothing, at least under contract he's still theoretically "worth" something.

Thing is they have pulled this extra year extension lark on quite a few players and not one of them have been sold for a reasonable fee.

Thing is they have pulled this extra year extension lark on quite a few players and not one of them have been sold for a reasonable fee.
I've mentioned before with united and this one year extension option on player contracts, I'm not aware of any other clubs that use such an option and certainly none that use it as prolifically as united.

It seems like all their signings are subject to it and united almost always seem to trigger it rather than just selling off or letting the contract run out.

Simon Stone, ladies and gentlemen:

"BBC Sport understands an agreement has been reached between the two clubs that would allow Sancho to re-join his old club for the rest of the season.

However, there are contractual and financial issues around the deal that still require tidying up."

So, all agreed apart from the contractual and financial issues then. Excellent journalism.
Sancho doesn't want to go. He wants to stay at the rags being paid to play FiFA until 4am whilst chatting shit on twitch.

Yes, it’s additional shares so will increase his equity to 29%, making him the highest single owner of United, although Glazers as a collective hold the most.

It should provide a bit of a flutter in the summer, probably only similar to others but they would have had to slow down otherwise.

Might well choose to hold it and wait to see if they have a new manager Ten bob’s record is far from great.

Source?

Not trying to be clever, just haven't seen that in any documentation

Edit: Strike that, seen it in the SEC documents. For A and B shares. 200m on completion and 100 before end 2024. Still not sure how that works in practice, and doesn't seem particularly generous or confident, tbh, but who cares? :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.