Universal basic income

Christ it’s hard to parody a “free money for everyone” thread especially when the furlough scheme is pretty much universal I come for those that need it anyway, and with universal credit increased at the same time.

Taxation on robots and automation would be a certainty. Companies would still save a fortune on wages, personnel (hr deparments) etc. insurance. I worked at amazon, it's half robots now. Massive boost to economy, lifting those least fortunate above the poverty line, reducing work induced stress levels. Has to happen. Won't be easy and there will be loads who resist but in 10 years the transport industry for human workers will be gone and 10 years later the haulage industry too. Has to happen.

I think something needs to be done, particularly for the recently unemployed similar to what they do in Germany, Luxembourg etc

If you have a 30k job, mortgage, kid in nursery and car on the drive but lose your job with our system you are fucked. £90 a fortnight, car has to go back and the nursery fees can no longer be afforded - if that same person received 75% of salary for say 4 months that would give them the security to pay the mortgage, money for the nursery and allow them time to look for jobs and drive to interviews

That’s got to be better than going on UC?

Robots and AI will replace most peoples jobs in the next twenty years, so we will need to spread that wealth to humans, other wise we will have a world revolution against the corporate world.

The balance is, the people have to have the money to buy what the robots are making. But given some of the shit conditions people work in and such poor protections companies might keep people on rather than invest in technology

Humans are the new robots

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.