Universal basic income

Most parts will be 3D printed by machines with some engineers to oversee. but thats just manufacturing, what about Accountancy which is another industry that is thought will be obsolete before long? what about the transport industry. It is thought that up to 80% of paramedics will be unemployed once we get driverless cars en masse. There will be loads of off shoots some not even known yet. Take organ transplant workers, they amount of available organs will plummet and there will be a worldwide shortage because the amount of road traffic deaths will plummet also. I also don't know why you needed to blame people who are unskilled in your last sentence. Not too far off blaming the poor for their own condition.
Why do you think people are unskilled? Do you believe it's a lack of personal responsibility or a lack of opportunities? And what types of jobs and industries are you classing as unskilled?

It's a genuine question asked with sincerity. I ask because accountants, paramedics and organ transplant workers you mentioned are most definitely not unskilled in my opinion. I've met hundreds of people in warehouses, manufacturing/engineering, waste disposal and countless other industries of all levels from directors to cleaners and there's very few who I would class as unskilled, if any. Those who haven't got the physical capacity or ability to learn and develop new skills are even fewer. Whether those people actually do anything about it is an entirely different matter in my opinion.

Btw, I'm not including the millions of people who are unable to work or who have genuine learning difficulties, as a nation, in fact all over the world I don't think we do anywhere near enough to support those people. I'm only talking about people who can physically work and have no genuine learning difficulties or personal circumstances restricting them (e.g. kids who are carers for parents).

It is weird how people wouldn't have even given this a second thought ,anyone on benefits was looked down,now everyone is happy to get universal credit and think about a universal basic income because they find themselves in a difficult spot
I think it's a terrible idea, Money for nothing and your chicks for free

We either do this, enforce employers to pay far more or we tell companies to stop taking the piss re rip off Britain.

Sadly none of the above will happen.

Force employers to pay more. Working tax credits shouldn’t be a thing that benefits companies likes Tescos profits. Then they’d be more money to distribute.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.