Universal credit

taleofbluehalves

I was chatting to someone the other day who was a nurse. Her shoulder keeps dislocating so she’s been stopped from working. Due to issues
with UC she’s not been paid anything for 7 weeks.
Now I only met the lady once and don’t know all the ins and outs.

7 weeks seems shambolic. It was literally like Daniel Blake.
Is this typical?

Did some work on UC before I escaped the CS.

I saw it in action as I dealt with a branch of it (Fraud) within a pilot area.

A shambles from the computer programming to staff training (what's left of the staff).

They've scrapped the expensive (for some) phone number and replaced it with a freephone number.
It "shows they are listening" or it shows they fucked up in the first place depending on your viewpoint.

The UC is an absolute disgrace, Rees-Mogg and his entitled pig fucking cronies, actually think food banks are good thing, so out of touch with reality it's beyond New Statesman parody.
The way we treat those in actual need in this society is a fucking disgrace, forget the propaganda force fed you through to shows like benefits street and its ilk, and look at the actual facts, food banks are growing at an exponential rate, child poverty on the rise, millions of people sinking into the depths of dept! This should not be happening in a modern society as rich as ours!

They've scrapped the expensive (for some) phone number and replaced it with a freephone number.
It "shows they are listening" or it shows they fucked up in the first place depending on your viewpoint.
That they actually had a premium rate helpline for those struggling on UC is an absolute joke, they don't give a fuck about the poor and those in need of help, the sooner people realise this, the better.

Sky running a piece asking if its the new Poll Tax row for the Tories?

Lets fucking hope so.

Utter disgrace.

I work in social housing and it can take up to 12 weeks for claims to be processed. It’s shite

Trialled in the north west so they don’t give a fuck, trial it down south and it would be sorted tomorrow, th3 sooner these fuckers are out of power the better.

Trialled in the north west so they don’t give a fuck, trial it down south and it would be sorted tomorrow, th3 sooner these fuckers are out of power the better.
The worrying thing is that the trial demonstrated the problems arising out of significant delays in providing payments leading to rent arrears, homelessness etc - the statistics were damning yet they still rolled it out nationally.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.