Unknown Pleasures

Just half an hour ago came across a shop of exactly the same name (cd and vinyls, obviously): Royal Mile, Edinburgh. Chatted to the owner for a bit. IMO, Closer is just as good, but in any case they are two absolutely definitive albums, and I still listen to them with awe decades later. I suppose you know that Ian Curtis is buried in Macclesfield, if you're reading this thread. Must get round to visiting the grave, just to pay my respects, in the not too distant future.
Just a question, though. I've seen a photo of Curtis as a kid wearing the Shirt of the Enemy. Was he a blue, or one of those? Or did he not give a toss either way?

H
Just half an hour ago came across a shop of exactly the same name (cd and vinyls, obviously): Royal Mile, Edinburgh. Chatted to the owner for a bit. IMO, Closer is just as good, but in any case they are two absolutely definitive albums, and I still listen to them with awe decades later. I suppose you know that Ian Curtis is buried in Macclesfield, if you're reading this thread. Must get round to visiting the grave, just to pay my respects, in the not too distant future.
Just a question, though. I've seen a photo of Curtis as a kid wearing the Shirt of the Enemy. Was he a blue, or one of those? Or did he not give a toss either way?
he was 100% a blue, it's actually in the film he quotes 'City' blue
His daughter is a blue too

No inbetween with them. They are either fabulous and bobbins. Seen them 5 times on this tour and they have been ace most of the time. WHP was the only dud really.
Went to see them on the original blue Monday tour and walked out after two numbers,maybe should have given them more chance,watched the Glastonbury set and they bastardised every track to the point true faith was unrecognisable.
Yet on record one of my favourite bands.
Then again I enjoy hooky and the light playing joy division ,new order tracks live

14203302_10154372152942435_2201599218547566035_n.jpg

Went to see them on the original blue Monday tour and walked out after two numbers,maybe should have given them more chance,watched the Glastonbury set and they bastardised every track to the point true faith was unrecognisable.
Yet on record one of my favourite bands.
Then again I enjoy hooky and the light playing joy division ,new order tracks live

Are you going to see Hooky at the Apollo next month mate?

Are you going to see Hooky at the Apollo next month mate?
No monies a bit tight I'm afraid ,was driving through macc the other day and had a look at Curtis old house ,the lad refused to go and see the lwtu apart head stone.
Spent many a happy hour at the Apollo ,is the pub the cottage still open at the stage door ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.