Unpleasant experience in Colin Bell Level 3 today

This is the premier league in 2014. There is to be no swearing or shouting whatsoever. You must sit and quietly watch the match before leaving 10 minutes early to purchase your souvenir from the club shop and avoid any traffic delays. Thanks for your loyal custom

Damocles said:
I'd like everybody to have a bit of nouse about the in regards to their surroundings but I grew up in Malaysia and only listen to Yuan Riceman on the local radio so we count discount this.

As a kid my mate got hit by a car. He didn't die and it ultimately made him a lot more safety conscious on roads.

Now, I'm not one to jump to conclusions but it does look to me like if all kids were hit by cars, we'd have a far more safety conscious youth out there. After all, it didn't do my mate any harm.

Regular Joe said:
I'm with the majority who are saying that swearing is a part of being in a football ground, and if you don't like it tough (with the exception of specific family areas).

Unfortunately the ground regulations say this:

The use of threatening behaviour, foul or abusive language is strictly forbidden and will result in arrest and/or ejection from the Ground.

i dont think it was just the swearing,probably the fact city were losing,swearing,his dad having words,stewards getting involved etc

all a bit much for a youngster new to the ground.

The guy was obviously wrong for not apologising to you and your son, and making sarcastic remarks was probably too far, but as far as I see it, if you aren't in the family stand I wouldn't expect anything less. And to be honest, even when I was in the family stand late MR and early Eastlands days, there was swearing all around me, not as much, but still happened. It's football, not snooker, I find that I swear 3 times as much at a City match as I do in every day life, especially when Garcia comes on. Think it came to a point where my dad just said when you're at the football I'll let the swearing slide, just don't take it anywhere else. Worked until I was about 13, now I swear all the fucking time.

The most shocking part for me is it was in the Colin Bell stand level 3, in my experience everyone's as quiet as a mouse for the majority of the game.

southstander93 said:
The guy was obviously wrong for not apologising to you and your son, and making sarcastic remarks was probably too far, but as far as I see it, if you aren't in the family stand I wouldn't expect anything less. And to be honest, even when I was in the family stand late MR and early Eastlands days, there was swearing all around me, not as much, but still happened. It's football, not snooker, I find that I swear 3 times as much at a City match as I do in every day life, especially when Garcia comes on. Think it came to a point where my dad just said when you're at the football I'll let the swearing slide, just don't take it anywhere else. Worked until I was about 13, now I swear all the fucking time.

that's the problem these days, people just have no fucking class

The OP seemed to have decided there was going to be a problem with this guy before he even opened his mouth!

"I had a very unpleasant experience today which had my 6 year old in tears. Bloke comes down the row and sits next to me and obviously a Season Ticket holder. Sat down like the big 'I am' and I knew immediately it would become a problem."

Kids are not stupid, they pick up quickly on their parents' moods, and the 6 year old could see a ruckus coming no doubt from the off - I would suggest this was an inevitable situation given the OP's sensitivities before the game even kicked off.

Of course there is always some dick within earshot at every match you'd like to clock, but it's part of the match day experience unfortunately until the culture changes, which it probably will in the next twenty years, until then, suck it up or watch it on telly with the volume down ;)

Damocles said:
gmckennasell said:
So you have never swore in the heat of the moment in front of women and children ? If you havent , then you have amazing resources of restraint .The "new" clientele that frequent the etihad are definitely not working class , a lot of are day trippers , waiting patiently to be entertained , (perhaps they have got bored with going to the ballet or theatre) . Working class supporters are being priced out of the premier league , i dont want my club to become as soulless as the swamp and the emirates , but it is ,because success will inevitably bring the glory hunters , and the 50,000 who were at York away , will just have to accept this as the price to pay for our attempt at global football domination.

I have the mouth of an Irish docker with a sore hand carrying bag all day, and I have somehow managed to never swear in front of my mam or any kids that I've been aware of in the vicinity. People who have met me will attest that I swear six times whilst describing a puppy.

This isn't difficult.
I disagree, I would find it very difficult to swear six times whilst describing a puppy.

Unless it was a massive ****.

Kids for a quid day?
You can't expect to attract new fans if the old guard don't reign it in a little,
I remember my dad taking me to Maine Rd, I might've been a tad older than 6, but I still remember my dad asking someone to tone it down in the North stand, at least the toilets are better at the Etihad! But can you get Bovrill in a polystyrene cup tho?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.