Unwitting Footballer Encounters

SebastianBlue

President, International Julian Alvarez Fan Club

The above bit of hilarity got me thinking of the time that I knocked in to John Guidetti in Aldi but had no idea it was him until a mate pointed it out as we were leaving.

Anyone else have any unwitting encounters with footballers (not counting the usual blindfold swingers party sort)?

Not me but a rag mate bumped into Ralph Milne four times over the course of three days in the city centre just after he signed for United.

He (my mate) is a social guy and so said hello the first two times. The third time they exchanged nods and on the fourth Milne must have thought he was being stalked so avoided eye contact and rushed past - the fastest he ever saw Ralph move apparently!

The above bit of hilarity got me thinking of the time that I knocked in to John Guidetti in Aldi but had no idea it was him until a mate pointed it out as we were leaving.

Anyone else have any unwitting encounters with footballers (not counting the usual blindfold swingers party sort)?

Don't think you'd see aguero in Aldi somehow

I bumped into Darren Anderton at Ascot, a few years ago, what a nice bloke, no airs and graces and had time to chat to everyone, even a pissed up Blue ribbing him about his former team and injury count... :-)

Gerrard weikens (sp) bumped into him twice in the space of a week first coming out of stepping hill hospital, I knew I knew him thought it was an old school mate, hiya mate you alright, then thought fuck that's gerrard, then saw him in the registrar office

Working for BA I've met loads of footballers ,zabba and Sergio together was my highlight though

I once drove down a one way street in Manchester (in the correct direction) and Mike Summerbee came towards me (in the wrong direction). He gave me the V sign, which made me panic, thinking I was in the wrong.

I collected an unpaid debt from a former City chairman and toilet roll magnate, who shall remain nameless.

I met Uwe Rösler in 21 Piccadilly one Friday night on the piss. I don’t think we were playing on the Saturday.

I asked what his hopes for the season were. He said “Aah, you want to go to Wembley.”

I must say he looked to be enjoying watching the podium dancer near us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.