Update on building work at COMS (with pics of new pitch)

bluemoonchick

Not sure if anyone has been to the ground recently but there's a lot of work going on. My Dad went yesterday and sent me an email. I thought people who dont live locally may be interested to hear whats going on.....

"I went on the stadium tour with my sister and niece yesterday as a birthday treat for her and can report a great deal of activity:-

1. There is building work everywhere, inside/outside which in some instances hindered the tour but in another made it more exciting that significant progress is being made.

2. We couldn’t visit the home dressing room as its being completely refurbished, Jacuzzi, sauna etc. being installed, walls knocked down to increase the size etc.

3. We did visit the away dressing room which now seems a little bland, but the complimentary fridge and snack bar have been removed after some visiting players complained of stomach upsets

4. The pitch as always looks magnificent, no white markings as yet but they were preparing the perimeter Astroturf when we were there, new technical areas etc.

5. Mancini wanted his dugout completely refurbished, so that was being pulled out and replaced with seat warmers.

6. The floor in the tunnel was completely ripped up and awaiting relaying.

7. Pneumatic drills were breaking up the car park directly adjacent to the City store ???

8. There is a large new digital clock in the tunnel above where the players wait before entering the pitch to give them precisely the correct time as last season we were fined three times for being late - at £3,000 per minute late.

9. Something going on with the stream that runs under Joe Mercer Way, looks like they have filled in the banks with concrete, may be a road/walkway for metro

10. Building work going on either side of Joe Mercer Way at the top near his commemorative statue.

11. I noticed 5 large skips in the car park, full to the top with old carpets, furniture etc. so obviously major developments internally.

12. We went into Wayne Bridges’ 20 seated private box that costs him £65,000 a year, other players have 10 seated boxes but only Bridge and Tevez have the 20.

13. They were power washing the second tier just as we were walking beneath on the first tier, one guy got soaked, very amusing!

14. Generally the whole place looks like a builders yard again, we bumped into builders in the Mancunian Suite, Restaurants, offices, corridors etc.

It is far too early to make out what some of the Improvements are and the tour guide only had limited knowledge, having seen the sight it makes me wonder if it will all be ready for the kick off."

Some pics from Dad of new pitch;

1zwg18y.jpg

2h7p08o.jpg

27wziol.jpg

303gsvr.jpg

1f8z7o.jpg

Re: Update on building work at COMS

Wow! The pitch does indeed look lush. Top pics!

Very good post, and unlike most updates re summer work seems quite full of facts rather than guesswork, that said the clock (point 8) was there when I went on a tour about 6 months ago so if they got fined last season the clock clearly isnt helping them to get out on time!

Cheers for that update, very much appreciated.

Roger Ringpiece said:
Very good post, and unlike most updates re summer work seems quite full of facts rather than guesswork, that said the clock (point 8) was there when I went on a tour about 6 months ago so if they got fined last season the clock clearly isnt helping them to get out on time!

I guess with Dad being on the official stadium tour he was able to see a lot more than most if us can get to just walking past.

I noticed the clock in the tunnel when i saw my Bro play in the footy aid match so Dad was a bit slow of the mark on that one lol<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:03 pm --<br /><br />
MCFC BOB said:
That pitch. Oh my God, that looks nice.

Looks gorgeous doesnt it... makes you wanna rollover on it... or it that just me lol

You mentioned the floor of the tunnel, is the wall of pride still intact though?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.