upgrading to platinum. Worth the extra cost?

I was Platinum this season and joined all three cup schemes
The same as a previous poster, I only looked at one matchday programme on line and only read half of it
Being in the cup schemes was a pain in the arse and caused more problems than it solved, so I doubt I'll sign up for those again. Because my season card is in L3 I had to get in touch to be re located for various games as my seat wasn't available, plus, if I take the kids to games it's generally cup matches where the tickets are more readily available, so again I'd have to contact the club or call into the ticket office to be relocated
I don't do away games, so the loyalty points thing doesn't matter there.
I suppose my problems will come for big games at neutral venues, but I'll take my chances as I have 5000+ points

Plat and cup schemes again for me. Should see me on 7350 points which unbelievably probably won't even guarantee tickets for one or two of the big away games. Was worth the cost for me but I did go to 39 games this season just gone so I need the points for the away games I do to stay where I am in the queue for away tickets

Is there a way of finding out how many people are on each band of loyalty points? Eg 5k on 8000+ points, 3k on 7000 - 7999 points etc

I have seen the question asked before, but never answered. Is it because City don't want to divulge the number of tickets that go to supporter branches and end up in the hands of bluecard holders on 300 points?
Otherwise, platinum is great, if only for the use of the ticket exchange - a huge factor in my renewal.

i agree about platinum being a rip off but i simlply cannot afford to not get the points as iv got nearly 3500 but everyone else iv heard has got 6000 and more.

I went platinum (x4) last time, but like others have said, the online programme and magazine was a total waste of time, it was far too fiddly to read it properly.
Can't generally afford aways, but got a nice little points boost over the course of last season.

Gold this time I think, just have to hope I don't miss out if we make it to a final.

I was gold last year. Only going platinum this year to be able to sell tickets for games I can't attend on the ticket exchange.

Going for gold this time. Platinum was a waste of money for me. I've got about 4,000 points so will never catch up with the 8k+ as they keep getting the tickets for every away game. So barring Wigan - no Blackburn or Bolton next season - I can't see me being anywhere near the lowest points band the other 18 games run out at.

So Platinum would give me 180 points for renewing plus 40 for Wigan
Gold 90 and 20.

So the standard 110 plus 110 extra points a season would take me about 18 years to catch up with the 8k-ers - and that's assuming they didn't add to their total during that time!

i dont think it matters if you go gold or platinum as sadly it looks like more and more away tickets are going to co-operates and hospitality so in a few years most of us will struggle for away tickets regardless of loyalty points

If its the same criteria as last year then if it is finals you want tickets for I dont think Platinum or gold would make any difference.

Cup Scheme membership was the most important factor for this last season.

Someone with 2000 points and Gold but in FA Cup scheme for example would get a ticket before a Platinum member with 6000 points but not in Cup Scheme

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.