Uploading images

it is the peak behind me that is the highest, its not an easy thing to get to the top of!
It was a little tongue in cheek to be honest :)

That said, every day is a school day as I'd have said that Everest is the highest place on earth but apparently not if you measure from the centre of the earth. It also looks a damn sight warmer than the top of Everest ;)

Chimborazo's summit is the farthest point on the Earth's surface from the Earth's center given that it is located along the planet's equatorial bulge. Chimborazo's summit, however, is not higher than the summit of Mount Everest, as elevation is measured from sea level.

It was a little tongue in cheek to be honest :)

That said, every day is a school day as I'd have said that Everest is the highest place on earth but apparently not if you measure from the centre of the earth. It also looks a damn sight warmer than the top of Everest ;)

Chimborazo's summit is the farthest point on the Earth's surface from the Earth's center given that it is located along the planet's equatorial bulge. Chimborazo's summit, however, is not higher than the summit of Mount Everest, as elevation is measured from sea level.
well thats not true, if you draw a circle around the planet and slowly reduce it the first point it will touch is chimborazo, elevation yes maybe, but everest is not the closest to the heavens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.