US Politics Thread

As long as enough of them have been naturally selected out of the species through their own stupidity...
One million Covid deaths in the USA. And yet, I think the Democrat/Republican hold on power is largely unchanged.

Other diseases will invariably occur in the future. Over time, stupid people are going to be selected against.

In a thousand years or so - assuming that mankind survives this long - the world might - just might - be a far better place to live.

I grew up in a very conservative household. My father, son of a Missouri farmer, staunch lifelong conservative, and a PhD mathematician, was stubbornly anti-fact. He doubted medical opinion - and lost his teeth due to his dismissal of the efficacy of flossing - he doubted scientific findings on the danger of pollution and took up the side of industry - he doubted medical research outlining the dangers of smoking and its effects, including second hand smoke; and so on.

I think that science denial was widespread among the Right way before Trump as evinced by my father - Trump and the support he received from Fox and other right-leaning outlets simply made science denial socially acceptable if not admired. And from there, the floodgates of lunacy opened wide. The Right's "tent" of acceptable views burgeoned, to include conspiracy theorists and right wing radicals.

But the science denial mindset was widespread among conservatives and existed long before Trump.

Harking back to high school chemistry, I think that Trump is best classified as "catalyst" rather than "reagent."
Mathematics , exact , pure , universal language , the science of all sciences that cannot be denied unless you deny we live in a quantitative world which is why some people refer exact science and exact mathematical science as one and the same.

Most if not all of the great physicians , chemists , astronomers , logicians etc were so because they believed in their relationship to mathematics and in fact were in effect mathematicians using the language of mathematics to make sense of the abstract for example.

Somewhat strange that your father would be a science denier being a PhD of an exact science in fact the exact science but would humbly suggest his mindset had more to do with his exact mindset than his political leanings.

Mathematics , exact , pure , universal language , the science of all sciences that cannot be denied unless you deny we live in a quantitative world which is why some people refer exact science and exact mathematical science as one and the same.

Most if not all of the great physicians , chemists , astronomers , logicians etc were so because they believed in their relationship to mathematics and in fact were in effect mathematicians using the language of mathematics to make sense of the abstract for example.

Somewhat strange that your father would be a science denier being a PhD of an exact science in fact the exact science but would humbly suggest his mindset had more to do with his exact mindset than his political leanings.
I had a kid work for me about ten years ago who’d just done a two year mission for the LDS church. He went back to school and got a degree in physics but I’ll always remember him being so frustrated with one of his professors because he didn’t believe in god. He kept trying to justify his stance with the most ridiculous reasons, not sure how he got his degree although he no longer goes to church….

I had a kid work for me about ten years ago who’d just done a two year mission for the LDS church. He went back to school and got a degree in physics but I’ll always remember him being so frustrated with one of his professors because he didn’t believe in god. He kept trying to justify his stance with the most ridiculous reasons, not sure how he got his degree although he no longer goes to church….
The church works in mysterious ways (LOL).

One million Covid deaths in the USA. And yet, I think the Democrat/Republican hold on power is largely unchanged.

Other diseases will invariably occur in the future. Over time, stupid people are going to be selected against.

In a thousand years or so - assuming that mankind survives this long - the world might - just might - be a far better place to live.
Sociopaths like Trump are by nature divisive which is why they invariably don't last in power for too long in a democracy anyway cult following or not.

As for the intelligence of the followers of both parties I suggest that is a tad random but it might be prudent to do some IQ testing.

Some people with higher IQ's like to belittle those who they think have less or in some cases have less to make them feel better about themselves but in the end they only demonstrate they are not as intelligent as they make out to be.

An individuals life is short and if you spend much of it dedicating time to people you have no regard for its primarily a wasted life.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.